Friday, May 4, 2007

Zome Zilch Day Prog Rock

No music without a hike or a run today but I wanted to listen to sumthin'... decided on this before I delete the files.


Selling England By The Pound

1973






Dancing With The Moonlit Knight
I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
Firth of Fifth
More Fool Me
The Battle of Epping Forest
After the Ordeal
The Cinema Show
Aisle of Plenty

Back in December when I first signed up for a subscription music dealie, one of the first things I randomly chose to listen to was some old Genesis... and I mean old, not early 80's old, I mean way back to their early years. I didn't care for this or Nursery Crymes then but I told myself I'd give each another try.


What an incredible album this is... but I still don't particularly care for it. This is the opposite of one of them weird sitchy-ations (gotta say that word with a Bugs Bunny-sorta voice) ... anyway, one of them strange sitchy-ations kinda like the movie that stinks but hey, it's funny and ya like it... well, the music here by Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks, Steve Hackett, Phil Collins & Peter Gabriel is amazing but it just doesn't do anything for me. These are less songs and more stories told in elaborate music compositions. At one point I had an Ingmar Bergman-ish vision of this being played while prancing village to village throughout the English countryside in about 1647 if electricity had been invented by then. How far away from this kind of music they surely got over the years. Did people in 1973 & 74 really enjoy this? I'm feelin' pretty certain people today would just be like, "Uhhhhh?!"


music note 256 kbps @ New Moodswings music note

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated