Sunday, May 6, 2007

Dressed For a Hike...

Moderately short hike today. Abbreviated, actually. I was hoping to be out for around 2 hours. Due to a whole lotta pre-hike onion and other veggie chopping (prepping a late dinner) I didn't get out the door when I wanted so I had to cut my time a little short. Having to turn around and head back before I wanted to was certainly better than no hike at all!

* Time on the Trail -- 1 hour & 38 minutes *

tunes...


Dressed In Black: A Tribute to Johnny Cash

(2002)



Wreck of the Old '97 -- Hank Williams III
Cry, Cry Cry -- Robbie Fulks
Ballad of a Teenage Queen -- Rodney Crowell
I Guess Things Happen That Way -- Raul Malo of The Mavericks
There You Go -- Chuck Mead of BR5-49
Get Rhythm -- Reverend Horton Heat
Pack Up Your Sorrows -- Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison
Ring of Fire -- Billy Burnette
Luther Played The Boogie -- Redd Volkaert
Big River -- Rosie Flores
Folsom Prison Blues -- James Intveld
I Still Miss Someone -- Earl Poole of the Johnny Cash Band
I'm Gonna Sit On The Porch and Pick On My Old Guitar -- Damon Bramblett
I Walk The Line -- Dale Watson
Train Of Love -- Kenny Vaughn
Straight A's in Love -- Eddie Angel of Los Straitjackets
Jackson -- Mandy Barnett & Chuck Mead
Flesh and Blood -- Chris Knight


plus:



I'm not a huge Johnny Cash fan... but perhaps that's a statement I really can't make considering I've never listened to more than a few songs. Since I don't know his music all that well, or actually close to not much at all, it makes it difficult for me to critique this tribute album. Or does it? 'Cause if these weren't Cash songs and this was just some collection of music, it's pretty good. Johnny Cash fans, though, might think differently. I know when I listen to Grateful Dead covers, it's pretty easy to decide if something's good or not, at least according to me. In any case, not my favorite bunch o' tunes but I enjoyed it.

Good little sermon, too. Bob Jones University Chapel Hour sermons are almost always a good listen. Since they mix up speakers almost daily and since there's an amazingly wide array of topics, they rarely bore me and often leave me feelin' pretty good.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated