Thursday, May 24, 2007

Zilch Dog Day

Holy cow, it's been wacked... should that be whacked? Lower Wacker Drive. Whack-a-Mole. Take your pick, I guess.

When your dog is like a child to you and he starts to cry while laying on his side, you might start to worry like crazy and wonder if he needs to go to the vet.

When he's okay while laying on his stomach, legs extended straight forward, or okay while walking around, what is one to think?

And then, when crying from seemingly being in pain, petting seems to make him fine again -- what's up with that?

Oi vey, ay caramba. Should one be having a cow, man, or just allowing this to play out for a little while to see if it subsides?

Last thing in the world that I wanted to do today was bring him to the vet and possibly have to leave him overnight.

Being away from him for a night, or two, or a week, or two, that can be done -- I can take my mind off him and know he's in good hands while enjoying whatever it is the heck I'm doing while not home, while I'm away from my pup.

BUT if he's in the hospital overnight and I ain't there, he's gonna be quite unhappy and that would kill me, figuratively not literally.

So, I had to spend all day and this gonna continue on into the night, monitoring him, just paying close attention to his movements and sounds. If this gets worse then he's gonna have to go to the after-hours animal hospital... or first thing in the morning he's off to the local vet.

We shall see.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated