Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Play Misty For Me

Back out for another run tonight. Evening is night, right? It's almost night. If the sun's still above the horizon, that's not night. As I'm out there it dips below the horizon, stars become visible, but the sky doesn't get completely black before I walk back in the door. Still there's a tint of blue and it's not fully dark yet. I suppose I'm out there from the latest part of the afternoon right through most of the evening, just about to night.

ANYWAY... my two minor problems felt better, good enough to feel safe from further injury. I probably woulda been safe yesterday but twas good to have the rest. Even with the rest I wanted to get back out there. Now that I'm back from this evening's run I feel GREAT... except the shin problem persists. Not happy about that.


About 70 minutes on the trail...

Running Time:
19 minutes & 20 seconds (+8)

music...

Ellis Marsalis
from Ruminations in New York (2005)
Homecoming
When We First Met
Zee Blues

Time For a Friend
-benefit for Kevin Dunn-
Wolfgang's, San Francisco

Bob Weir acoustic w/David Nelson & Tom Stern: The Race Is On°
Bobby with the Whitey Melvin Quartet:
Fever°, Misty°, Twilight Time°
Kingfish with Bob Weir:
City Girls,
The Winners, Festival
Bobby solo acoustic:
Heaven Help The Fool

This Time Forever
Desolation Row°
Throwing Stones

° = First Time Played by Bobby. I'm not sure why but this is represents only slightly more than half the tunes with Bobby. These may have been broadcast on the Grateful Dead Hour and that could also explain why not all of it is in order... I put them in order here but on the recording they're slightly rearranged. One of these days I've gotta see if all the songs exist 'cause this is a cool little show. Fever is excellent, done in a reggae style so completely unlike later times played by Bob & Rob and Ratdog. Misty is pure Bobby Lounge Singer. Very interesting. Desolation Row was apparently a crowd selection. It had been in the Dead's repetoire for only about a month but he nailed it here; so sweet. All around some pretty neat tunes, groovy stuff, fantastic acoustic Weir, loved it all and almost 19½ minutes worth made for a great run.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated