Friday, May 25, 2007

Turkey Trot

My dog's doing better. I don't know what the heck was up. On some sound advice I got him some heavy duty worm medicine and that has alleviated his whining crying sound when on his side. He's been sleeping soundly on his side without having to constantly get up and move around looking for some painless comfort. He drinks his water, and is happy to eat biscuits but hasn't touched his food since Monday... but I do believe he is on the mend. I've still gotta monitor him constantly, well, mostly constantly except for the little bit o' time I took to get outside while he's sound asleep.

Got out for another mid-day short run, my second this week. Not as hot as I would have liked for a run of this nature (I'd really dig 90+ degrees!) but it was certainly better to be on the trail than sitting in a chair!!

Saw a couple of turkeys on my way down the trail and the same two on the way back. One had a huge plume (is that what it's called?) of feathers, a classic Thanksgiving decorations looking turkey. Damn me for leaving my rifle in Alaska or else this sucker woulda been mine on the dinner table tonight! Actually, no, I wouldn't blow away a turkey. Reindeer, sure, but I think I'd rather just buy a turkey. In any case... compared to deer, these guys let me get so close, maybe 30 feet away at which point they ducked into the woods. And also unlike deer, they weren't in a huge hurry to get away from me, just ambling away taking their time. Seemed like I almost coulda ran and leap at the big bird and grabbed it 'round the neck, not that I would but maybe if I was starving and in need of some food, hey then ya gotta do what ya gotta do... but I was just out for a run, not grocery shopping!


About 75 minutes on the trail...

Running Time -- just over 10½ minutes

music...




another mix of tunes from his first three albums:

Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. (1973)
The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle (released on 9/11... 1973)
Born To Run (1975)

Night
She's The One
Wild Billy's Circus Story
The E Street Shuffle
Mary Queen of Arkansas
Lost in the Flood
Meeting Across The River
Thunder Road
Kitty's Back
The Angel
For You
Backstreets

Almost more of the same from a few days ago.
Different songs but from the same great albums.
10 stars outta 10 stars.
A+++

2 comments:

Irongirl01 said...

Kewl blog. Now Im a former runner/triathlete/trail runner who got the poker fever a few years back and havent looked back. I live near Saratoga NY.

My "cousins" went to Indian Hills High School in Oakland NJ talk of coincidences. They are my age 46 and 44 now.

A great site for downloads is archive.org . Dead is only in streaming format but you can get almost any Ratdog, Phil&Phriends, Moe, SCI etc show you want to.

Ill be jamming down to my jambands at the WSOP in ten days.

Peace (IG aka Irongirl)

Jen said...

thanks for posting on my blog. I don't get many comments. The idea for doing the AT to raise awareness and funds for charity sounds like something I would be ecstatic about doing. It wont be for a while but I would love the link or info that you know of.
And you didn't offend me. I'm a terrible planner. Normally I'm oppossed to the idea in general but also I recognize the benefits it can have. I know that as soon as I begin to make plans God comes though to push them all aside for another kind of adventure. So maybe I'm also just waiting for the next thing. College is such a transitional part of life. And now I'm relatively close to the end. I'm thinking, dreaming, waiting, praying, and excited.
Thanks again. Look forward to the links for AT.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated