Saturday, May 5, 2007

Running, But Not To Stand Still...

Best run ever. Happens every time, well, except that once... but yet again today I've made it up another level, so to say, to another super-minor milestone which isn't much improvement but it's some improvement over last time... slow and steady wins the race. If I try to push it by 30 seconds, say, each time out, that might be a bad thing so small increments are fine & dandy.

Time on the trail: 70 minutes...

Running Time: 18 minutes & 1 second (up 11 seconds from last time)

tunes:


Wide Awake In America

1984


Bad (live)

A Sort of Homecoming (live)
The Three Sunrises
Love Comes Tumbling



U2


The Joshua Tree

1987


Mothers of the Disappeared
Exit
One Tree Hill
In God's Country
Bullet The Blue Sky
Trip Through Your Wires
Red Hill Mining Town
Where The Streets Have No Name
Running To Stand Still
With Or Without You
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For



from:
A Very Special Christmas

U2
--
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)


There's almost nothing to say about this music because words don't truly do it justice. The live version of Bad on Wide Awake in America has got to be one of the very best songs on any official U2 release. My first ten minutes on the trail is a warm-up hike before I set off running... but listening to Bad I wanted to take off running immediately. I never have that feeling. Ever. This evening I did. I didn't run to the song but I'll keep it in mind to use it for a run sometime in the future.

And The Joshua Tree is far and away so much better above and beyond almost any other album ever made in the history of music. Since it was released, (with the exception of the Grateful Dead) I have probably listened to those 11 songs more than anything else. This is one of those very few albums that I just cannot get tired of.

I've really gotta add in more U2 to what what I listen to. Excuse: since I'm paying to rent tunes, I'm trying out a whole lotta stuff I never got around to buying plus other stuff I haven't heard in awhile. I'll hafta add them in more often, though. No doubt about it!

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated