Friday, May 11, 2007

Tragedy narrowly, narrowly averted

After a day and a half as frozen as the "fresh" shrimp at TGI Fridays, my mp3 player came back to life like Walt Disney will someday after his little state of cryogenic rest comes to an end.

The battery wore down, I plugged it in to recharge, and all was well again like nothin' ever happened. Weird.

Wanted to hit the trail for a run, the run I was gonna do yesterday, but my afternoon nap went a little long. When I woke up it was nearly all dark. If I ran on the road (or sidewalk) then lack of sunlight wouldn't be a problem... but I run on a trail that is (mostly) in the woods without any artificial lighting. Oh well.

Another zilch day. No run. No hike.

But the mp3 player lives and I don't hafta shell out any $$ for another.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated