Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hoooo, Boy... Tough Today.

After having my previous two runs be wicked shorter than what I've been striving for, twas time to get back to a full length run. And, boy, was that not easy. I'm not sure why but at the end of my run time I was so beat, so much so that I pretty much completely stopped moving for a brief moment, hunched over, hands on knees, the classic, "Oh my God, I'm so glad that's done!!!" while gasping somewhat, seeking to regain some semblance of normalcy. Pure joy, I say with nothing but sarcasm. It really is no wonder why so many millions of Americans would rather sit around and get fat and face fat-related illness later in life -- this running crap ain't easy! I'm sure for a few people it is. Not for me. I'm an athlete but not a runner. I'd rather be roped into and climbing a rock face on a mountain, going straight up... or hiking on a beautiful trail or mountaineering on anything in the Alaska or Brooks Range, or, if you bug me enough, maybe something down in the Lower 48 just so long as there's no yahoo on a cell phone.

Anyway... Trail Time -- 79 minutes

Running Time -- 19 minutes & 5 seconds

music...

Lorrie Morgan - Leave The Light On (1989)Lorrie Morgan

Leave The Light On

1989 debut









He Talks To Me
Five Minutes
It's Too Late (To Love Me Now)
Dear Me
If I Didn't Love You
Out Of Your Shoes
Train Wreck of Emotion
Gonna Leave The Light On
Eight Days a Week -
Far Side of the Road
I'll Take The Memories
Lorrie Morgan - Leave The Light On (1989)

Lorrie Morgan - Leave The Light On (1989 debut)dload @ 256 kbps
Lorrie Morgan - Leave The Light On (1989)


and...


Grateful Dead

a few more from: Go To Heaven


Antwerp's Placebo (The Plumber)
Easy To Love You
Lost Sailor, Saint of Circumstance
Don't Ease Me In

Alright, I'm having a sort of unpleasant time with trying to run to country music. The problem is with so many friggin' mellow ballads. I've come to the conclusion that a medium to faster paced song is easier to pay more attention to in order to pay less attention to how much I'd rather not be running and also how much I just want the run to be over already. I don't like to be thinking, "Alright 1/6 of the way done... 1/3 there... halfway there... 2/3 done, getting closer, one more song after this one..."

It might be helping with discipline, though. It takes me extra work to not just pull up and call the run a Failure. It also takes extra work to keep a good pace when a song is so slow I think snails prefer a more upbeat tempo.

On the bright side, the cover of the Beatles' tune Eight Days a Week is pretty darn barnstompin', hillybilly yokel, kinda bluegrassy country good and made for a great last running song 'cause it made me wanna speed up and finish on a great note, no pun intended. I didn't speed up during the last minute this time but ending my run with something I know that's fast-paced is always a good thing. Five Minutes is pretty good, too, which apparently, and I didn't know this until a moment ago, was her first Number 1 song on the Country charts.

Maybe for running a different order of songs would be preferred. But basically it's a really strong album and she's got a great voice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog and comments!
Have you ever listened to "Enigma"?
Great training music and soul moving sound...
DSD
"Summit Stones & Adventure Musings"

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated