Saturday, May 5, 2007

Border Patrol to the Rescue

It's probably kinda odd, at least a little(?), to start the day with popcorn, 20 oz of Mountain Dew, 12 oz. of plain old coffee, and a movie... but yet again, I did it today!


With a movie, instead of Mountain Dew, I usually wolf down 20 oz. of water (YUMMM!!!!!!!! not sarcasm, i love water!) but I had a craving and went out and bought some Dew. Man, I love the Dew but I might go through a 2-liter bottle only 3 or 4 times in a whole year. Wait a minute... if I love it so then why don't I have it more often?! A) water is healthy, Mountain Dew is not and B) I'm not interested in getting fat and I ain't about to drink anything labeled "Diet" (might as well be labelled "Disgusting") and C) something like Mountain Dew is nothing less than a luxury and I simply don't like to have luxury in my life in a big way -- waste o' money that could be used to help others. (And that's something I could and should expound on more but I'll do it at another time... really it would be a rant and I'd rip into society and that would make me feel down and blue 'cause so many people are do darn selfish when so many suffer. ANYway...)



Allan "Rocky" Lane playing a U.S. Border Patrol agent, not capturing illegal aliens but good ol' bad guys. When a fellow agent is murdered, Rocky goes undercover across the border -- I guess not in Mexico but in the unincorporated territory west of America's border back then which, at the time, didn't yet go all the way to the Pacific Ocean? -- taking the alias "The Denver Kid." He's essentially on his own across the border and it's up to him to solve not only the murder but also the case of missing government-owned horses and that he does.

This Allan "Rocky" Lane serial from the great Republic Pictures is your run-o'-the-mill B-western material. Because it came from a well established studio with solid money and decent talent, it's a good production. Not lame, not amazingly intense, just a B-western that's a fun, hour-long watch.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated