Sunday, May 20, 2007

19 down, 221 to go. Ugh.

Just another fine & dandy run this evening. Slowly pushing toward 20.

Trail Time: 72 minutes

Running Time:
19 minutes & a second
(up 9)

tunes...


her 2001 debut album...

released just a month before 9/11... ouch.



Second Nature
I Believe In You
Serious
Better Than I
Touch Of Faith
It's All Good
No Less
Up
Home
Do They See Jesus In Me?

+

Grateful Dead

4 songs from: Go To Heaven (1980)



Feel Like a Stranger

Althea
Far From Me
Alabama Getaway
There's a (sort of) recent song from Joy Williams' latest album that I really like. For the life o' me I can't think of its name but it spent awhile last year at the top of the Christian music charts. So I thought I'd give her a listen starting with what she first put out which was this album from 2001.

Unfortunately this was not the most enjoyable... and that might be being kinda kind. I got the feeling this was music made to grab the Britney Spears kind of audience, sort of? Twas, I do believe, aimed at teen girls. The songs so closely border on that pop sound that, if I was scanning radio stations and I heard something like this, I would pass right on by. It doesn't fully cross over into that full blown sound, though... so, it was tolerable.


There is one thing to especially note about this album -- I would pay a hundred bucks for this CD for the very last song alone. Do They See Jesus In Me? is just Ms. Williams singing while playing the piano. It's a complete departure from the rest of the album, an absolutely beautiful piece of music!! Eventually I'll give her later CDs a listen and I hope this one song here is a precursor to more mature music from her in the future, music that veers away from girlie teeny pop towards some nice singer songwriter sounds for adults.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated