Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Short & Hot

Being in a place that I despise to much can be difficult. There's no doubt that I'd rather be back in my beloved central Alaska working and playing and exploring my 586,000 square mile backyard.

Unfortunately family emergencies happen and I've been down here in South Carolina tending to my ill father's needs. This is the most important thing for me right now. But while I am here, when I can, I'm gonna work on taking advantage of this place the best that I can.

I've decided to end continually striving for a slightly longer run each and every time I head out the door. That is still my main goal but sprinkled in amongst times inching closer to being able to run a marathon, will be some an occasional short run under the direct heat of the midday sun. Oh joy. I hate the heat. So why'm I doin' this? I've gotta strange idea that it'll help me in some way or another. At least I'll be used to running when the Heat Index is between 90° Fahrenheit and, oh, 105 or so. I ain't gonna push myself during these runs, just gonna keep 'em short and sweet -- 10-15 minutes takin' it relatively easy with sufficient ice water to sip on just afterwards.

Today wasn't quite 90, more like 85, but here's #1...


Trail Time: 74 minutes

Running Time -- just about 10 minutes

for my listening pleasure...




a mix of tunes from his first three albums:

Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. (1973)
The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle (released on 9/11... 1973)
Born To Run (1975)

It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City
New York City Serenade
Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?
Incident on 57th Street
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Spirit in the Night
Jungleland
Growin' Up
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

Tain't almost nuttin' better than a little Springsteen! Perhaps someday I'll expound on these albums but really there's no need. Just some o' my favorite music, hands down, nuff said!

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated