Monday, May 14, 2007

Run With No Catchy Title (again)

First run in FIVE days time. Bad, very bad. I suppose it's more exercise than some people get in a year but to have taken 4 whole inexcusable days off is just ludicrous.

Great run, though. Wait. I meant -- great run!

Started off again with a hike out and then saved my run for the return trip. Pretty much right outta the front door I wanted to run. I was itching to! Instead I hiked out at a nice pace and then ran back. By the time my running time was up I was freakin' beat! Whewww... but since getting back and cleaned up I have felt so high, so great, but at the same time kinda cursing myself for not being out there for so long.

Must not take so many days off!

Trail Time: 71 minutes

Running Time: 18 minutes & 23 seconds (up 11 seconds from last time)

music:


The Stone Roses

their self-titled debut album (1989)




Bye Bye Bad Man
She Bangs The Drums
Made Of Stone
(Song For My) Sugar Spun Sister
Don't Stop
Elizabeth My Dear
Shoot You Down
This Is The One
Elephant Stone
Fools Gold
Waterfall
I Wanna Be Adored
I Am The Resurrection


Holy cow. What a great album!!!. It's been many years since I last heard "I Wanna Be Adored" -- a song that was a popular favorite in the early 90's. That one song was the extent of my knowledge of The Stone Roses... until now. This Manchester band really coulda, really shoulda stayed together and put out more music than just two albums. At least they recorded this one and I'm glad I listened to it! A bunch of the songs go beyond just standard Start It Up, Play It Through, Done... they get into exploring musical spaces that are usually reserved for "jam bands" like the Grateful Dead... uh, and whoever else does that kind of music nowadays. Anyway, some of tunes really go off for awhile and you can easily get lost in the music. Did they really compose their jams that way? Or maybe they worked 'em out over time while practicing and then layed them down perfectly during studio recording sessions? In any case, it's just a shame this band doesn't exist anymore to play these songs live. Perhaps some people wouldn't get it? Perhaps others would be, because of this music, be opened to bands that, when live, play songs that go eight or ten minutes due to extended playing i.e. jamming. Musically, at a live show, some people wanna hear songs done straight forward like on the studio albums but just in person. That can be okay, maybe, sometimes. But why not dance to a band exploring with sound? That's what's hear on this Stone Roses debut and I can't stop raving about it! Wow. If I was gonna sit down and rank albums from 1989, this would be darn near the top!!!

128 kbps dload @ Back On The Road

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated