Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday Smorgasbord of Tunes

SMALL STEAL YOUR FACE I was planning on putting up a show today... or last night really, or this morning, or last night, or sometime day, one of those... but I'm not sure.

I'm just not feelin' it. It's a GREAT show, a BEAUTIFUL soundboard that I've LOVED listening to in the past few days... but if 50 people download it... or 100 people... and only 2 or 3 leave a comment -- then what's the point?

Maybe I'll still keep sharing with those who I know are grateful to get downloads here... those people are great and wonderful people and I've been really happy to share these shows with you. But the others....... just a shame.

Anyway, here's some random tunes to listen to... or is it here are some random tunes? It's here is, I know it, it's gotta be. Below is one collection of tunes, one singular. But at the same time they are tunes plural, several of them... hmmm.... I need to consult my Strunk & White.

Click a Play button PLAY BUTTON if you want to listen
smiley


Bob Dylan

BOB DYLAN - BIOGRAPH CD COVERVisions Of JohannaDylan--Visions of Johanna PLAY BUTTON
Every Grain Of Sand
Dylan--Every Grain of Sand PLAY BUTTON
Can never go wrong with Bob Dylan, I think. Man, I hate spending money on CDs but I need more Dylan albums!


Electronic Tribute To The Grateful Dead
ELECTRONIC TRIBUTE TO THE GRATEFUL DEAD - CD COVERCassidyCassidy--Electronic Tribute To The GD PLAY BUTTON
Brokedown Palace
Brokedown Palace--Elec Trib to GD PLAY BUTTON
I did not/do not care for this album... the reason that I even got it was simple: curiosity. But these two tracks are... well, not bad. Some people might go into a fit of projectile vomiting upon hearing them but I don't think they're that bad. They happen to be the only two songs on the album that are actually sung and therefore the only two that a Deadhead can easily Name That Tune. The others sound practically nothing like the Garcia/Weir compositions they are.

SMALL GREEN DANCING BEAR

A couple of Beatles covers

Mike + The Mechanics
RUDE AWAKENING SOUNDTRACK CD COVERRevolutionRevolution--Mike and Mechanic PLAY BUTTON


Lorrie Morgan
LORRIE MORGAN - LEAVE THE LIGHT ON CD COVEREight Days A Week8 Days A Week--Lorrie Morgan PLAY BUTTON

and finally...

The B-52's
TAME YOURSELF PETA BENEFIT - CD COVERQuiche Lorraine (Live)Quiche Lorraine - B-52's PLAY BUTTON


SMALL STEAL YOUR FACE BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE SMALL STEAL YOUR FACE

how about a little Peggy-O?


Grateful Dead - 6/26/94

Sam Boyd Silver Bowl
La$ Vega$, Nevada

3 comments:

Sugarmag said...

Sweet Peggy O! They played that song quite a lot but I always liked it. I dig Bob Dylan, too. You know what else? I like that dog nose picture on that B-52s album. I have this thing for dog noses, they're just so darn cute!

Nazz Nomad said...

The plural of tune is toonage.

And Jerry in shorts was always...well...a bit disturbing!

iainmspillane said...

Peggy-O...just awesome, simply awesome.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated