Sunday, May 11, 2008

i couldn't think of a title for these mutterings so these mutterings will be untitled

Back to some music tomorrow. Maybe something tonight (but it won't be a soundboard download, just an Audience source of a GD show to listen to and/or download, if you want, from Archive, I guess.)

And back to Denali next weekend.
Yesterday afternoon I
was -->this close<-- to going, at least for 24 hours or so. Can't really do much at Denali in 24 hours but all I wanted to do was put up a tent and sleep in the main campground and do a little hiking on the easy trails located near the main Visitor's Center...

then I got really tired and decided not to go. Yay. Stoopid night shifts. They don't allow a person, or this person, to normally be wide awake all day... I needed to catch my Zzzzz's yesterday afternoon just like I'll do again in a little while for work at 9 o'clock tonight. I'll be changing back to day->evening shifts this week so maybe next weekend I'll drive on down. We shall see.

With a broken leg all last summer, Denali was not included at all in anything I did. I've really gotta get back to the Alaska Range. It's right there, it's so close. Maybe that'll be my vacation this summer. I was thinking of going somewhere further away from Fairbanks but I can load up my backpack wander into the backcountry wilderness of Denali and feel like I'm a thousand miles from anywhere. Each evening I'd find somewhere with a gorgeous view of the mountains to stop and put up my tent for the night. Ahhhh.... well, I'd better stop daydreaming about it and save the typing for the actual backpacking trip recap.

For now, how about some...

from LunaNina.com... this meme is called: Unconscious MutteringsUnconscious Mutterings

a free association game -- I say... and you think ... ?

1. Track :: Running

2. Snake :: Wrestler ... why that answer popped into my head I have no clue because I don't watch wrestling, I don't play wrestling video games, I don't care about wrestling ... beats me.

3. Assignment :: school
4. Blockbuster :: Video POPCORN SMILEY

5. Bombastic :: loud and annoying INSANE SMILEY

6. Adventure :: Denali ... Hmmm... I wonder why that came to mind.

7. First time :: virgin

8. Aged :: cheese... or wine, perhaps a nice Barossa Valley vintage? Screw that Napa crap: Imperialistic American Scum!
9. Grip :: Get a Grip! Napa Valley wine's just fine, I'm only kidding JESTER SMILEY

10. Shortcut :: What everyone wants in life, for everything under the sun. Right?

No answer here really makes me wanna throw up a related pic or a video... so hmmmmm.... I'll have to let my mind wander and find a good dessert for anyone who's interested in clicking Play...

Let's see... how about.......

3 comments:

Sugarmag said...

mmm... I love wine. Yeah, Napa wines are just fine.

Denali sounds nice.

Unknown said...

Great post!!
Interesting mutterings.

Want to read my mutterings?
Have a look here:
http://www.laaneworld.com/2008/05/may-11-2008-track-iceskating-snake-ugh.html

Enjoy your week.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Haven't been here in a while. Great mutterings! And just for the sake of randomness:

Vanilla rules!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated