Friday, May 30, 2008

Move over Cherry Garcia

The other day I was talkin with my good friend Sugar Mag about ice cream... and of course the craving for some arose... I fought it off.

Ice cream is purely an unneeded luxury expense in life, one which a huge part of me just does not like to make -- A) it's unhealthy and it contributes to America's obesity epidemic and B) when so many in this world have nothing, a conflict boils within me concerning spending on myself versus giving to those in need. Which is more important? Certainly the lives of those who suffer.

But sometimes I've just got to spend on myself, a little bit at least -- I caved and I went to buy some ice cream. It's always just plain old desire that takes me over. Happy I will not be until I have a carton in my freezer... or in my fridge softening up and waiting for my spoon.

I swear I could eat this stuff morning, noon, and night... and set my alarm clock to wake up at 3 a.m. for another helping.

Problem in the store is there are too darn many great flavors to choose from.

This is what I got today...

BREYERS REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUP ICE CREAM

Mmmmmm.... soooo good! But as great as that is, I was looking for something else. Couple days ago, I think while watching the FOX NEWS CHANNEL, I heard about a brand new flavor from Ben & Jerry's...

Move over Jerry Garcia, it's John Lennon's time - Ben & Jerry's Imagine Whirled Peace

Imagine Whirled Peace ... damn, not in stock yet. Damn! That was about how long I was upset until I just grabbed the Breyers Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream and split. I'll be keeping an eye out for the new B&J flavor 'cause who wouldn't want to eat some peace?! Plus ain't it finally time for that Jerry Garcia guy to just fade away already!

One question, though -- who's this John Lennon dude?!?


PHONOGRAPHTuneage...
Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign To Save Darfur - CD cover (2007)
Instant Karma - U2 Instant Karma - U2

Imagine - Avril Lavigne Imagine - Avril Lavigne

Give Peace A Chance - Aerosmith Give Peace A Chance -
Aerosmith featuring Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars

Imagine - Jack Johnson Imagine - Jack Johnson
Instant Karma:
The Amnesty International Campaign To Save Darfur
Save Darfur - PLEASE CLICK and at least sign a petition if you never have before.  Please help.


Grateful Dead Steal Your Face peace sign Earth
Phil Lesh & Friends

10/27/00 Strawberry Fields P&F - Strawberry Fields 10/27/00 @ Archive

12/19/04 Imagine P&F - Strawberry Fields 10/27/00 @ Archive
Phil Lesh & Friends NBA kinda logo dealie

Visualize Whirled Peas

7 comments:

Sugarmag said...

Hiya! Cool tunes, I'll have to check it out. Do you know what I don't like about Cherry Garcia ice cream? I love the name, and I like the cherries. but I don't like those hard frozen chunks of chocolate. I think everyone but me likes frozen chocolate but I like my chocolate melty. You know what's really good? Chocolate that's been in my pocket for awhile, you know like those bite sized Snickers bars? For some reason little candy bars taste better. I like the bite size peanut butter cups, better, too.

The problem with that Breyer's ice cream is the container is too damn big!

Sugarmag said...

Hey Zoooma, your inbox is full...

Zoooma said...

HEY!

You like melty chocolate? Ewwwww. That's weird. You're weird. But hey, whatever floats your canoe, I s'pose :)

And the Breyers container is too big? What are you huffin'?!?!?! haha, just kidding. It's a fine size for a couple sittings... or one if you're a pig like I can be! (That's why I only eat ice cream once every 4 or 6 weeks.) Like 2 months ago they even made it smaller (bastards!)

Oh, and inbox thing was weird... thanks for lettin me know. Should be better now. I get all these random google alerts, half of which I don't have time for so I just axed a ton of 'em.

See ya!

Sugarmag said...

You don't like melty chocolate?!?! But it is so good that way! You can actually taste it. Weird doesn't boither me so much, I've been called worse ;-)

Zoooma said...

Melty chocolate is good, I mean, it's chocolate! But when you're talkin about a Snickers (MMmmmmm!!!!) I don't want mine all gooey melty. Same with peanut butter cups or whatever. Of course that doesn't ruin the candy, but nice and firm would be my preferred way for those.

Hot fudge, on the other hand, over ice cream... melty goodness!

Kwizgiver said...

Love the Instant Karma compilation--it's how I introduced some of my students to John Lennon. Imagine that.

tee hee!

Hope you enjoyed the heck outta your ice cream!

Sam said...

Chris, you better work on your ice cream eating skills for the half gallon challenge midway on the AT. And you better forget about chunky chocolate, just go plain vanilla or you'll never make it.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated