Friday, May 9, 2008

This world works so beautifully, doesn't it?

WEEKEND, BABY! Yeah, that actually doesn't mean much to me. I don't have to work again until Sunday night so I do have (most of) the weekend off... but that's not always the case. Working a Saturday or a Sunday is a usual occurrence for someone who serves the community.

Anyway, let's see here... anything of substance this morning?

Burma/Myanmar sucks. Their IDIOT government wants foreign aid in the wake of the cyclone that struck there a week ago. But right now aid workers are sitting on their asses twiddling their thumbs in neighboring countries while visas are continually being denied or taking for-freaking-ever to be issued. Meanwhile -- people suffer. Meanwhile meanwhile -- much of the world doesn't care. I dunno for sure, that's just a cynical guess. All people can do, basically, is give a few dollars but I wonder how much of that is going on. As it appears at the moment, supplies are hardly getting to those who need them anyway. The brutal, murderous junta (military dictatorship) "running" that country is the biggest example of schmuck-face dooshbagery in this world right now. They almost make Ahmadinejerk and Kim Jong Mentally Il look sane. They certainly make the Bush regime look like a bunch of haloed Easter bunny genius angels in Santa Claus suits with bells on. Hurricane Katrina and the response to that was a spilled glass of water compared to the cyclone and aftermath in Burma.

The events there have turned from tragic to... I'm literally shaking my head at how insane this all is. In many affected parts of the nation, there's NO sign of any aid at all. Corpses, decomposing, lie about here and there with no one to pick them up. Not a few, not a hundred... thousands of them.

WHY DOES THE WORLD ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN?!? The world, collectively, goes about their business and allows a "government" like the one in Myanmar to do whatever they want... and now TENS OF THOUSANDS are dead, MILLIONS are suffering, homeless and without food and water. Military dictatorships who treat their people worse than dirt need to be forcibly removed from power. Sanctions against these nations just prolongs suffering and things do not change.


God, I envy (sometimes) the Americans who go about their lives not giving a crap about the rest of the world outside of their immediate line of sight.

I just can't be that person.


The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Colombia, Paraguay, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!still muddy trail but getting close to
being runable... for now still indoors.
Friday After Work Run: 20 minutes 15 sec+6 sec
XXXXXXXX++++++·14 sec·++++++XXXXXXXX
Run Time May:1 hour40 minutes
April:3 hours51 minutes<-failed to pass March SMILEY THUMBS DOWN
March:3 hours57 minutes

Couple hours ago, after my shift was over at 9 a.m. this morning, before I came home, turned on the news and got mad and sad, determined to keep up my current running frequency, I headed straight to the gym to the get my needed exercise in.

5th run in 9 days. Nice. Another good 20 minutes. I've been having no ill effects from this increased amount of running and these days these runs go pretty smoothly. After that misfortunate leg fracture last spring, I've certainly recovered and am doing well on my way to longer and longer running times... of course that's taking forever, it seems, but slow and steady wins the race... not that I'm running a race but what I'm a sayin' here is slow and steady is helping to better assure myself that I'm not pushing it too much, possibly dangerously so. Last thing I want is to be sidelined.

PHONOGRAPHRunning tunes came
from the album of the day...
Fee - We Shine [CD cover] (2007)Fee

We Shine

2007 (debut)

All Because Of Jesus
We Shine
Glorious One
Burn For You
Beautiful The Blood
Happy Day
Life High
Victorious
Grace Will Be My Song
Broadcast
Faithful
You Are The Light

This is a fairly kickin' album. I had a feeling it would be. At the moment I don't listen to Christian radio but occasionally I check a Weekly Top 20 List and Fee, with the song "We Shine" (I think) was on their for awhile... maybe even reached #1? Just checked again and they have a song at #5. Popular new band, they are. Very cool.

Their debut from last September has really put them in a national spotlight. Lotta loud songs here with a nice amount of guitar to give a good edgy sound at times... especially with the Number 1 single here -- "We Shine". Holy cow, the video below shows them (loudly!) playing this song in church. How cool is that?! Other songs on the album aren't as fast and as "alternative" sounding as We Shine but overall it's a good mix that doesn't get too fluffy. Lyrics stay right down the middle, not overly preachy but at times they are raising up Christ directly by name rather than wandering into ambiguous territory. Some Christian music reviewers will not exactly applaud Fee calling them unmemorable and cookie cutter but they are what Christian music needs in order to give fans a wider array of artists to listen to.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE find a dload @ Música Cristã MP3 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE

VJ time!
From the North Point Community Church
in Alpharetta, Georgia -- Fee with "We Shine"

1 comment:

Sugarmag said...

Yeah, what is happening in Burma really sucks. It is upsetting. You're right, sanctions are pretty ineffective. I don't know about forcibly removing them, that scares me, too. I don't know what the answer is.

Hey, that is is awesome that you ran again today. You rock!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated