Thursday, May 29, 2008

Crow Run

A frequent Dead show downloader here at Inspiration, Move Me Brightly commented that he's having surgery on Friday morning... I don't know if you'll read this beforehand (or ever at all) but still I wanted to send along my best wishes for a GREAT outcome... and hey, why not a smooth recovery, too!!

Okay, now with the day off I've gotta figure out something to do. I feel like I have to do something. I'm not gonna hike, I ran. Could read. Maybe plan my conquest of Earth. I'd play video games all day but I don't play video games. Although some old school Donkey Kong or Space Invaders (the latter being practice for taking over Earth) would be pretty cool. Since I don't have my Instrument Rating yet it's too cloudy to go flying. I just don't know. I do know I can't veg out in front of the computer for the rest of the day while maybe watching something or two on TV. Yoly moly, no way.

For the moment, I'm just gonna enjoy my coffee, enjoy knowing I got another run before the end of the month, and just relax.

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Paraguay, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!outdoors -- 45° @ 9:15 a.m.
Thursday Morning Run: 21 minutes 1 second+8 sec
XXXXXXXX+++++++++ ·03 sec· +++++++++XXXXXXXX
Run Time May:4 hours25 minutesSMILEY SUNNY
April:3 hours51 minutes<-failed to pass March SMILEY THUMBS DOWN
March:3 hours57 minutes

Broke the 21 minute barrier this morning. For me, each new minute is a new level of achievement. Every run between 20 and 21 was a mini-achievement as will each run be a mini-achievement on the way to 22 minutes. But there's something about hitting a new minute that seems more like a cool plateau that I've reached.

These times are still pretty lame, in a way... but I'm workin' on it. Onto today's run -- my first in like 3½ days -- I added another 8 seconds. That's not bad. Better than 3 or 4 or 5. Now that I've turned a mini-corner, I'm already looking forward to 22. Could take awhile but that's fine, for the most part, because at least I'm getting this exercise!

After hitting that 4 hour mark for May, I've kind of slacked... almost put off my last run(s) until the very last day or two of the month. Ahhhh procrastination. Could be a dangerous thing... so I got a run in today and I'm glad I did. Hopefully one more this month and then 5 hours in June.

Feelin' good!!!


PHONOGRAPHRunning tunes came
from the album of the day...
Sheryl Crow - Detours [CD cover] (2008)Sheryl Crow

Detours

2008

God Bless This Mess
Shine Over Babylon
Love Is Free
Peace Be Upon Us
Gasoline
Out Of Our Heads
Detours
Now That You're Gone
Drunk With The Thought Of You
Diamond Ring
Motivation
Make It Go Away (Radiation Song)
Love Is All There Is
Lullaby For Wyatt
Rise Up
Beautiful Dream


I dig Sheryl Crow, have since her first album in the mid-1990's. Had one of her CDs once upon a time (actually now that I think about it I think it was an ex-girlfriend's that somehow came to belong to me but that's long since been pawned off for money needed for something.) Through the years, from time to time, I've heard the singles on the radio and so I thought I'd check out her newest studio album -- Detours.

Unfortunately the very first song on here is just wrong and I hate to think about how many devoted fans of hers now believe what she says because they heard her sing it.

"I heard about the day that two skyscrapers came down.
Firemen, policemen, people came from all around.
The smoke covered the city and the body count did rise.
And the President spoke words of comfort with teardrops in his eyes.
Then he led us as a nation into a war based on lies."

Whatever. The sentiment starts out fine (and incredibly sadly) but the lies part is just wrong, or at least completely unprovable. You don't go around accusing people of something you cannot prove. That's just not right. Sheryl Crow, you molest children and lie about it. I can't prove it but then again you can't prove anyone lied about why we went to war. Can you? No. (She never has, neither has anyone else otherwise the Democrats in control of Congress would have ousted him by now.)

Mistakes (and there were MANY and from many different sources that told an entirely different story about Hussein's immediate capability to wage war) are not lies otherwise everyone on Earth would be a pathetic and horrible liar.

Damn, I hate when music makes me rant. I believe in separation of tunes and state. Leave the politics out of the lyrics!!! At least don't spread the extreme left-wing talking points/propaganda. Having an opinion that's to the right or to the left is one thing... accusing someone of lying when you have no evidence to back up what you say, that's just not right.

Anyway... some pretty good songs here. Love Is Free has an earlier Sheryl Crow sound and while it's about Hurricane Katrina, Mrs. Armstrong, err, umm, I mean Ms. Crow doesn't start accusing people of wrongdoing and just sticks to good music. Gasoline is another earlier sounding tune and I think kind of reminiscent, at least near the end, of The Stones' Sympathy for the Devil.

Diamond Ring is a sad and angry song which references her sexcapades (well, making love all day) with Lance Armstrong and I guess his not to wanting to get hitched? She must've been bitter!

Another one I like a lot on here is Love Is All There. Good stuff.

I think I'll listen to this again someday but that first track -- delete, buh bye.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE find a dload @ music update 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE

Video Time
March 12, 2008 on Jimmy Kimmel Live: "Love Is Free"

5 comments:

Sugarmag said...

Hey Zoooma, that is so impressive! There is nothing at all lame about these times, that is awesome! I hope you are having a good day:)

Nazz Nomad said...

Dude, congrats, you're the last person to still think that the invasion of Iraq has anything legit to do with 9-11.

Zoooma said...

Nazz, you must've misunderstood my words. If anyone connected the two in this post, it's Sheryl Crow in the lyrics I quoted.

Going to war to eliminate Hussein as a threat to anyone had nothing to do with 9/11. I've known that now since... oh, since about 9/11.

Anonymous said...

UN Inspectors said there was nothing there, we told them to get out because we were attacking anyway.

Zoooma said...

That's right, I forgot UN Inspectors found nothing. That just proves Saddam Hussein was an honest and honorable man who should have been left alone to torture his citizens as he pleases.

Oh wait... if he was honest and honorable, then I guess his citizens had things okay in that country. There must not have been torture to worry about, certainly no genocide. After all, Hussein did get 99% of the vote for President. Pretty impressive!!!

Wait... he was the only one on the ballot? And those who didn't vote for him were sent to prison? Wait... those who didn't vote for Hussein, their families ALSO suffered?

Hmmm... something doesn't seem right there.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated