Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Speaking of Heidelberg, it's a long way from St. Louis, Cassidy!

Zoooma's
(Kinda) Random
Old Postcard and Picture Show


Volume: I'm Not Really Keeping Track

At work (where I am right now) I almost never use the internet but I'll take a moment here and gamble that I can finish and put up this post without getting interrupted by yet another helpless person who needs me to come and take care of their medical needs. Oh wait, that's what I get paid to do... and it's what I've come to enjoy doing... guess I'd better hurry up in case a call comes in and I've got to be out the door in a moment's notice...

as always, click to see it bigger, if ya want

Heidelberg postcard 1954
When my dear ol' Grandma passed away several
years ago, I gained possession of her fairly huge
collection of old postcards. They've been boxed up
for so long and most of them I've been meaning to
auction off on ebay... I'm keeping some but most
just don't have any sentimental meaning to me plus
I don't really like to own stuff. In any case,
I thought I'd post one now and then...
Heidelberg, Germany -- 1954
(from my Uncle Paul in the Army while stationed in Europe)
Heidelberg postcard 1954 (rear)
SMALL DANCING BEAR

On the end of the Grateful Dead 1995 Summer Tour, driving to Springfield, Illinois (and onto Soldier Field in Chicago) from the campground in Wentzville, Missouri on the morning after the Riverport Amphitheatre shows in nearby Maryland Heights.

Gateway Arch, St. Louis

St. Louis Gateway Arch (going from Riverport Amphitheatre, Maryland Heights, Missouri Grateful Dead shows -> Soldier Field, Chicago) Summer 1995

After heading east to downtown S.L., we (my friend Mike from Coral Springs, Florida was with me) swung north along the Missouri side of the Mississippi River before eventually crossing at Hannibal, hometown of some famous dude named Samuel Clemens.

SMALL DANCING BEAR

I promised my friend Sugar Mag a pic of my dog as a puppy... here's one that's kinda blurry. Why this one? I'm saving the best for last (I'll post those eventually for all puppy lovers to go, "Awwwwwww.")

my "Dead" dog Cassidy the Super Samoyed
at about 11-12 weeks old, Nov. 1995

my pupper Cassidy at 11-12 weeks in 1995

SMALL DANCING BEAR

Back to work...

3 comments:

Sugarmag said...

Hey Chris, Cute dog!

Anonymous said...

Woof woof Sugar Mag! Woof :)

Anonymous said...

I could be wrong but I think that translates to:

Good morning to you Sugar Mag! Thank you and have a great day :)

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated