Tuesday, March 4, 2008

There are weird ideas ... and then there are weirder ones!

The Electronic Tribute to the Grateful Dead -- mp3 download.  Songs by Robert Hunter and John Perry Barlow ... but no Jerry Garcia here.  No Bob Weir or Phil Lesh.  No Mickey Hart or Bill Kreutzmann.  Certainly no Ron Pigpen McKernan or Brent Mydland or Vince Welnick or Bruce Hornsby or the duo of Keith and Donna Godchaux.  Nope.  Not 320 kbps but close.  Weird stuff, that's for sure.
Music for a Tuesday afternoon.

Strange music for a Tuesday afternoon...

Electronic Tribute to the Grateful Dead (2002)The Electronic

Tribute To

The Grateful Dead


(2002)





256
kbps
Electronic Tribute to the Grateful Dead (2002)Electronic Tribute
To The Grateful Dead
· Truckin' -- J.P. Melen
· Brokedown Palace -- Kinetika
· Scarlet Begonias -- Jun Jun Clinic
· Box Of Rain -- Galactic Achievement Society
· Ripple -- Motor Industries
· Cassidy -- Issa
· Dark Star -- J.P. Melen
· Friend Of The Devil -- Radha Kali
· China Doll -- H-Hustler
· Feel Like A Stranger -- J.P. Melen

A bluegrass tribute to the Grateful Dead and now this?

When there are thousands upon thousands of hours of live Grateful Dead shows, plus a stack of studio albums that are good listening in their own right, concerning the listening of an album such as this, and/or GD cover songs, one question arises -- Why?!

I've never heard of anyone on this album or on the GD bluegrass tribute album that I played not too long ago. I'm not even a huge bluegrass fan and I'm even less of a fan of this type of music. But I think for that one-word question there's a one-word answer that seems to work for me -- curiosity. That's about it. I'm not gonna question why it was made. It doesn't matter if they could have done a better job or should have used any different songs. It exists and curiosity's a part of human nature so I thought I'd check it out.


Electronic Tribute to the Grateful Dead (2002)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I snagged this and um. Was that Dark Star, I think not. Don't get me started about that China Doll either. However thanks for the album it is an interesting find. The highlight was Box Of Rain.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated