Thursday, July 19, 2007

Zilch Day #37

More waiting... but getting closer.

Today I don't think I've been physically aware for even a moment that my leg is healing from being fractured. Doesn't mean I can hit the trail, though. Not yet. If I palpate my tibia or put just the right amount of pressure on my leg in just the right way, yeah, I'll feel it.

So, for the 37th full day in a row -- 5 weeks & 3 days of rest out of the doctor recommended 8 weeks -- no trail time for me... no run, no hike.

Accepted but still sad. [big sigh.......]


1 comment:

Wil said...

These are the times that try men's souls ... waiting out the 56 days or so, minimum that a stress fracture requires to heal without augmented healing techniques, which many consider to be of dubious value at best. Fact is, you may be able to start gently hiking by then. But, you'll quickly find you will need a month or so of conditioning slowly to get to the point where a jog or running on a cinder track is even a remote possibility. You are, according to my marathoner friend, half a year from running on pavement. Seriously, you need to have a conversation with a sports doctor before hitting the trail again, if only to know the best way to condition yourself back to where you want to be.

As always, good luck.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated