Tuesday, July 10, 2007

And Days Turns Into Weeks...

Days turned into weeks a while ago.

I hit 2 weeks.

I hit 3 weeks.

Today is now the 28th full day without getting on the trail for a hike or a run.

4 weeks.

Four weeks with no significant exercise whatsoever.

This is bad.

I knew this would take awhile...

What can the athlete do about a stress fracture?

  • Rest for around eight weeks.
But psychologically this 4 week mark is a little depressing.

It's actually been 5-6 weeks since the initial day of injury but stoopid me, I didn't realize it until a week or so later that the problem was worse than just shin splints. A few times I went out for a hike or run then when I knew the problem was much worse, I parked my butt indefinitely.

Now I'm so close to a hike again.

But while I usually fear nothing in this world, I'm a little scared that I'll reinjure my tibia. To be sidelined even longer without exercise will really mess with my head. Already I've gained like five to ten pounds... haven't weighed myself but I can feel it. Now I've got that to work off while getting my running times back up to where they were.

But first I've gotta hike and get the legs used to being out there.

All this about what I need to do and I'm still days away from stepping foot on the trail.

Maybe in a couple days.

For now -- Zilch Day 28.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated