Thursday, July 5, 2007

Super Improvement

Zilch Day 23 but there is more improvement.

Today has been the first day when my fractured tibia has basically not even been noticeable. That doesn't mean it's all perfectly healed and I'm ready to hit the trail. Still a ways to go. If I rush right out there I'm gonna risk further injury and an even longer setback. Now, I don't mind a risk every now and then. I actually like risk sometimes. Can be fun. But this I will NOT risk. I've gotten to the point where I've accepted this time away from exercise, away from running or hiking, and now that I'm getting extremely antsy to get back out there, I simply will NOT risk more time sitting on my butt not exercising. Completely unacceptable.

So I've gotta keep on monitoring how it feels and be sure I'm ready before I head back out there.

Maybe a week away? Sooner the better, that's for sure.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated