Monday, July 9, 2007

Anniversary / Zilch Day 27

Twas 12 years ago today
that the Grateful Dead played their final show.

All I was gonna do was post
that I'm once again not
going out on the trail today.
Not ready yet. Zilch Day 27.

I did take a five minute walk to the store this morning.
All went well. No problem.
But still need to finish fully healing this tibia fracture.

Then as I was about to post
I glanced at the date and wow...
seeing that 7/9 automatically reminded me
what today is the anniversary of.

It's something I always know...
but not something I always think of.


Just one quick look at 7/9
and it popped right into my head.


12 years ago.

I was there. I know, every deadhead was there...
but I really was... in Chicago that is.

Was a very difficult ticket to get in the parking lot.
Some were lucky. I wasn't. Was tough.
Seemed like half the world was there to see the shows.
Two sold-out nights at Soldier Field.

They coulda sold-out 6 shows in 7 nights at Soldier!


Ahh, well... more Chicago '95 memories at a later date...



2 comments:

Nazz Nomad said...

saw ratdog in central park last nite (7/9/07) (as it was in the shadows of the dakota building they played 2 beatles songs)
they played great... kimock was more than an adequate replacement for karan.

Jam ->
Tomorrow Never Knows ->
Playin In The Band ->
Ramble On Rose
El Paso@
Corrina@
The Weight@*
Good Morning Little Schoolgirl ->
Help On The Way ->
Slipknot! ->
Stuff*+# ->
Dear Prudence+ ->
Bird Song (reprise)*+ ->
Slipknot! ->
Franklin's Tower*+

U.S. Blues+%

Zoooma said...

I hate you, go away. Just kidding. Only a momentary lapse of jealousy. Wish I was there! I saw RD in Central Park a few years ago -- 8/8/95 to be exact. Gives me shivers to think about being there on that day.

Anyway -- thanks for the setlist and hope you had a great time!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated