Thursday, July 19, 2007

Meme time...


Another meme, this one is:


The Thursday Threesome from The Back Porch


::I love this Book::

Onesome: I love-- to hear about new music; do you have any new favorites for us this week?
Ummmmmmmmm..... no. I don't listen to much new music. Perhaps I'll venture into some newer stuff, I'd like to, at least a little here, a little there, but really there isn't much reason to since there's an over-abundance of great older stuff just calling out, "HEY, Listen to ME!!!!! Don't Press Play on something new... Listen to ME!!!!!!!"

Twosome: this-- is way past the half way point of Summer; how are vacation and other plans working out for you? Here's hoping you're doing well!
Wait a sec... Summer started on June 21st at 1:06 p.m. NYC time. Okay. That means today at 1:06 p.m. NYC time, summer has been alive and kicking for 28 days and there are 65½ days of summer remaining. The half way point would be about day 47, not until, if my math is all correct with these immensely difficult calculations, not until August 7th. Therefore, we're only at the day 28 point which is significantly less than half of 93½ days.

Okay, anyway... summer doesn't mean vacation for me but I am well, mostly. Could be better if I didn't have this slightly broken leg that's not allowing me to run or hike for the past 5 weeks. Other than that huge problem, no complaints.

Threesome: Book-- query: Whatcha' readin' this week? No, not "The Harry"! Arrgh! ...okay, if that's a big thing, sure.
I haven't read not even a single sentence of Harry Potter and not about to start anytime in the foreseeable lifetime. I just, a few days ago, started a book called Sky As Frontier: Adventure, Aviation, and Empire by David T. Courtwright. It's about some of America's aviation history. Not a bad read so far. Aviation isn't my favorite category of non-fiction... usually I'm reading something related to hiking or mountain climbing or a travel adventure of some kind... but as a pilot this is cool stuff to know and I've got a nice little library of flying books.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

Awww, some new stuff isn't so bad. Although... how new is new?
Sorry to hear you're injury is still bothering.
~Allison

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated