Tuesday, July 17, 2007

(Torturous) Tunes 4 Tuesday...


Let's see here... why did I spend time downloading this? Why did I spend time giving it a listen? Can there possibly be a legitimate reason?


A) rap, as an art form, isn't 100% horrible. it can be interesting to listen to.

B) research into why so much of this music is so controversial.

C) in the spirit of openmindedness I wanted to try some D O Double G...


Snoop Doggy Dogg

Doggystyle (1993)




Bathtub
G Funk Intro
Gin And Juice
Tha Shiznit
Lodi Dodi
Murder Was The Case
Serial Killa
Who Am I (What's My Name)?
For All My Niggaz And Bitches
Ain't No Fun (If The Homies Can't Have None)
Doggy Dogg World
Gz And Hustlas
Pump Pump

What an album!!! What a horribly offensive album, that is. Holy obsenities, Calvin Broadus! A couple of songs aren't too bad, might even be considered PG-13, those are the two which were singles from the album -- Gin and Juice and Who Am I? -- but the rest is Rated R or Rated NC-17. I think there should probably even be a higher rating than that. The worst song, Ain't No Fun, talks about, ummm, how should this be put -- sexually using a woman and then passin' her around so all the homies can have some, too. Yeah. Nice. There's nothing redeeming about this music. Zilch. Zip. Nada. the D O Double G has failed to impress me. I may visit later material of his someday, but this'll never get another listen.




No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated