Saturday, July 21, 2007

(Mostly) Severely Obscure Songs 4 Saturday



a rather
interesting
U2 mix...








Pop Muzik (Pop Mart Mix)
Holy Joe (Garage Mix)
Sixty Seconds in Kingdom Come
Paint It Black
Fortunate Son
Are You Gonna Wait Forever?
I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub)
Boy/Girl
Race Against Time
Alex Descends Into Hell For a Bottle of Milk
Don't Take Your Guns To Town
A Celebration
J. Swallow
Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)
Neon Lights
Wild Irish Rose
Two Shot of Happy, One Shot of Sad
Xanax and Wine
Ave Maria (Jacknife Lee Mix)
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Instant Karma
The Saints Are Coming (with Green Day, live in New Orleans)

What an interesting almost 90 minutes of U2. Spanning from 1982 to 2007, most of these songs I've never heard before. This was almost like hearing a brand new album of material. I've always been intrigued by demos and B-sides and miscellaneous tunes. U2's made available in one form or another mostly everything. But not all. It's pretty cool that there's still a bunch of stuff out there that's not easily available. Gonna hafta get more used to these tunes. Not sure why I don't listen to U2 more often. Curse my stoopid idea of expanding my musical horizons to include tons that I've not had the time or previous desire to listen to! Once I was limited to a slightly narrow list of what gets pressed play on. Now that list is essentially endless and that's not allowing me more time for more U2 or more of certain other bands and artists. The internet is bad in this case. Then again the internet is good 'cause I more than likely never woulda bought any of the CDs -- or even LPs -- needed to hear all this.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated