Monday, July 23, 2007

close 2 six

So I'm out for another super-leisurely stroll this morning, supervising my dog as he wanders around, gettin' a little extra exercise in his old age, beautiful morning, crispy air temperature but not beyond the point where I'd need more than a t-shirt & shorts, still able to go barefoot... and about a third of the time I'm just standing watching him, enjoying the creeping dawn and makin' sure the pupper's cool and not gettin' into any trouble, not that he would, Cassidy likes these little jaunts around part of the neighborhood... and anyway, I got to doing some complex mathematical calculations in my head, you know, 7 days time 6 weeks equals 42 days, tough stuff, right? Well, here I am at:

Zilch Day 40

Not even 6 weeks yet since I was last on the trail. It's been like 8 weeks since the injury but stoopid me I didn't realize the severity for a couple weeks or so. I just thought it was shin splints and it would go away.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINT [annoying wrong answer buzzer sound]

Stress fracture. Bad. The hikes/runs I did within that couple weeks before I rested permanently probably didn't help but hopefully they didn't make things worse.

Now here I am -- Day 40. Not even 6 weeks yet. Close to six but still I have probably a ways to go. [big siggghhhhhhhh]

Two weeks wasn't bad. Three wasn't even bad.

By 4 weeks and 5 weeks I was gettin' really sick of this.

Now I'm not even to 6 weeks and I have at least 2 more to go?!?!?!?!?

The ?!?!?!?!?!?'s should show my attitude toward this.

Not happy.

But then again, there are people all over who have it worse.

And if this is the worst thing in my life, I really shouldn't be complaining.

But hiking and running I need. Not hiking so much, well, maybe I need it for my sanity... and even though i despise running, i totally need it for my health. I could easily be on my way to 250 pounds and then maybe 300? Also easily on the way to diabetes. Do not want that. I shouldn't even be at 200 pounds. So running i do need.

Need to run. Need to hike. Need that exercise.

Crap.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Still feeling for you man. Pray you're out and about sooner than later.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated