Sunday, September 30, 2007

Frederick Law Olmstead -- You Rock!

This is the intro. There really is no intro. I'm typing nothing. Obviously these words are something but really this is nothing. Yada yada yada. Uh huh.

Unconscious Mutterings


a free association game -- I say :: and you think ... ?


1. Crook :: Thief

2. Career :: Job

3. Freckles :: Fraggle Rock... I have no idea why, I guess just 'cause Fraggle sounds similar to Freckle.

4. Scramble :: The Ramble -- with lots of trees and rocks, ponds and a stream, and meandering paths here and there, it's a spot you'd just about never know you're in the greatest city on Earth ... New York City, of course. And the park? Duh -- Central Park, where else!? (and again, I guess I was doing a sound-alike. Obviously, huh?)

5. Mistake :: By The Lake... the nickname of the Cleveland Browns & Indians old home: Cleveland Municipal Stadium.

6. Telephone ::
Should be connected to the wall with what's commonly called the phone cord. Should NEVER be brought with you in your car... unless you're moving somewhere and it's in a box being brought to your new home. DEFINITELY should NEVER be brought with you to a restaurant, the store, the mall, the movie theater, the Broadway theater, on an airplane, to the pool, to a concert, to the park, to the symphony, to school, or basically ANYWHERE off your property or outside of where you live.

7. Thank You :: When telling someone on their cell phone to SHUT THE HECK UP!! and/or LEAVE YOUR PHONE AT HOME!!! you should always politely add, "Thank you."

8. Obstruction :: What you don't want to have in your windpipe! Otherwise it'll be time to be Paging Dr. Heimlich, paging Dr. Heimlich, choking person needs possibly life-saving assistance!

9. 24/7 :: 7-11 ... Slurpee!!!

10. Sci-Fi :: Channel ... they produce some of the very worst Made-for-TV movies. Some are eh, others completely bite. Thankfully I haven't watched one in a very long time. One of these days I'll check out their recent offerings, see if they've improved at all. At least it's a good place to catch The X-Files... which I also haven't seen in a very long time but maybe I'll check it out again one of these days. When there's a TV show you really like, a long layoff from it (like over a year) will make it fresh again!


The Ramble

from LunaNina.com... this meme is called: Unconscious Mutterings

8 comments:

Erica said...

Cool...Olmstead and Calvert Vaux were the co-designers of Prospect Park, which is is right across the street from where my parents live.

:-)

Diana said...

So. Do you have a cellphone? Hehe. I loved your answers!

Serena said...

And you had 7-11 in your answer for 24/7 as well? Even though it was not found in your country? So what does a person in the Human Resorce department wear in Alaska? :D

The Gal Herself said...

"Let the music play, down at Fraggle Rock." I hadn't thought about it in years, but the theme is gonna be running through my mind all evening now.

PS Thanks for the Go, Cubs!

frizzyeatworld said...

Fraggle Rock -- interesting. You know what else rocks? Cellphones. Hahaha

Have a good one, man...

BookGal said...

Another 7/11 AND Slurpee reference. Cool.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I loved your thank you answer! It kinda reminded me of...someone I know. :D

Rims said...

LOL, liked the telephone and Thankyou :D
Zhanks for dropping by my blog :D

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated