Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oh, big ol' jet airliner, carry me to my home...

The Thursday Threesome

::The Dentist or Flying?::

Onesome: The Dentist? -- ...a bigger 'scary factor' than than flying? What do you think?

I'm not sure why either would be scary to an adult. The dentist could hurt so that would have to win. Does flying physically hurt? Probably only if you crash and don't die. A person should truly be more scared to get in the car, leave your driveway, and drive to the local store for a quart of milk. The number of people who die in a car accident a very short distance from home is MUCH LARGER than the number of people who die from flying in an airplane.

Twosome: or -- maybe you have coping skills to handle dental visits? Would you care to share any of them?

Last time I was there, quite awhile ago as I don't go for regular visits every year, I had my wisdom teeth yanked out. They gave me nitrous oxide for the pain and I coped VERY well. YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! So I have no coping skills to share... just ask for nitrous!

Threesome: Flying --
has received a really bad rap this year. Deserved? ...or is all sweetness and light now?

The commercial airline industry is essentially overall a tragedy. Anyone who flies from any significant city is brave to deal with the potentially horrendous service from lost baggage to lines at security to tarmac delays long enough to drive someone to want to commit mass murder. It's pathetic and deserved and then some.

On the other hand, flying ain't all that bad within Alaska... which is a country in itself. Small airlines, no lost baggage, no insane delays... when you are delayed by weather, you're not forced to sit in an airplane for hours on end with no answers. And when you fly yourself, like so many in Alaska do, that's just joy compounded. You can come and go at your pleasure. I highly recommend getting your own plane!

1 comment:

TravelinMom said...

Aww man, I'm a midget nazi monkey monster! I'm going to attempt to pass along some information to you anyway *giggles*

I guess this is primarily for people who HAVE had luggage problems! I started using Global Bag Tag every time I fly from state to state to visit my kids now, they're worth every inexpensive penny I put into them :)

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated