Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ladies & Gentlemen, the JGB

Wow, Keith Olbermann has got to be the most bitter and angry and brain-washed commentator on a cable news channel. His show features not a single conservative, Republican-type of voice on the other side of a story -- left wing liberal slant ONLY. That's not good. But I guess to many people like Olbermann and Cindy Sheehan, and like Barry Manilow, any viewpoint that's not liberal is a dangerous one. Listen to both sides of an argument? To people like them, only one side is the correct one and that's the correct side 100% of the time. Not even gonna take the time to listen to anything else, la la, la la, la la, la la, I can't hear you, I can't hear you. Liberal view ONLY, liberal view ONLY. How sad. Sad and so pathetic.

On a brighter note, el musico de dia was absolutely not what I expected...
it was better!

some tunes!

J. Geils Band

self-titled debut album

1970




Wait
Ice Breaker (For The Big "M")
Cruisin' For A Love
Hard Drivin' Man
Serves You Right To Suffer
Homework
First I Look At The Purse
What's Your Hurry
On Borrowed Time
Pack Fair And Square
Sno-Cone


My musical exploration continues and continues in a far out there way with this one. This most definitely isn't anything I ever would have imagined buying. Nope. But these days, hey, why not give it a shot? There once was a time when I had an LP from the J. Geils Band -- of course it was their significant breakthrough album, Freeze Frame. And actually, this memory being triggered right here and now: before Freeze Frame I do believe I was aware of their popular single, Love Stinks. Hmmm.

And actually they were around for a few years prior to that. Long before their Centerfold video made teenagers drool (myself included) on that once relevant MTV, the JGB, or more properly, the J. Geils Band, were a very cool bluesy rock and roll band out of Worcester and Boston, Massachusetts. Supposedly not long after this release, the Allman Brothers called the J. Geils Band their favorite local band. Hey, if they're good enough for Duane and Gregg, why not?
Somewhere I saw the label "bar band" applied to the early years of the band. Kind of too bad that I read that before listening to this 'cause it stuck. But ya know what? It's true. The sound here on this album is very much like I've heard in bars before. I'm sure bands with a very similar old kinda style of bluesy rock n roll will playing across America this weekend while people suck down the Pukeweiser and other crap beers while shootin' some stick, tryin' to pick up chicks. Yup, typical Americana it seems to me. Another thought on this sound -- Animal House kinda sorta Frat House rock from an age gone by. I can picture it perfectly. And perfectly surprised I was? Question mark because I'm not really sure I had an expectation thus no real surprise that this is better than I expected but then again if I didn't expect anything, I wasn't surprised. Ahh, whatever. In any case, this is some pretty cool stuff!


320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE 320 kbps download @
Floodlit Footprint 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 mp3 download

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated