Friday, September 7, 2007

no pictures this time


Appetizer
Using only one word, how does grocery shopping make you feel?

Frustrated. (2 reasons: so much great yummy delicious mouth-watering food to choose from, could spend a couple hundred bucks alone on things not so healthy but to indulge in too much of that would be BAD (and I care about my health) ... and also grocery stores here bite, a lot is expensive and organic and other items -- almost non-existent. I've got to order from the internet about half of the food items I use on a weekly basis. Oh what would give for a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods Market.)

Soup
What is your favorite part about the season of Autumn?

What season of Autumn? It doesn't last long enough in central Alaska to really kick back and say, "Ahhhhh, isn't that an enjoyable part of Fall?" My only answer might be the colder weather -- I love frosty mornings and the shorts and fleece jacket or sweatshirt weather before the snow flies. And most of the tourists are gone. But if I was in New England I just might say -- the crisp, cool air plus the color of the trees. Much better than sweaty summer days.

Salad
Have you ever had any bad experiences online?

Only with not having high speed internet -- what would be a 4 minute download with high speed is like 7 or 8 hours with dial-up. And youtube videos are essentially useless which isn't necessarily bad because I've come to despise youtube and deem it a mostly bad thing especially since most videos are from those stoopid cell phone cameras which are worse than 30 year old VHS not to mention that dang fact that you can't dload the vids to enjoy as you please. How lame is that?

Main Course
Name three things that make you happy daily.

1) My dog. 2) Being in Alaska... which is GREAT even though I wouldn't mind moving back to New Jersey or potentially New England. 3) Usually music... although music could potentially be a thing of the past for me considering I can't enjoy it anymore without being able to hear in both ears. I simply cannot foresee ever Pressing Play on anything ever again if this doesn't correct itself. Oh joy.

Dessert

What one household cleansing or organizing item would you not want to be without?

Dish soap, I guess. I mean, without cleaning everything after using it, I'd have to buy new cookware and dishes and stuff each time I cook... or never wash anything? [quizzical look.] Or never cook at home? And waste all that money on meals that can be made for a fraction of the cost at home?! Wasting money on needless things is not good, especially when it's such a great thing to give away money to organizations that can use it to help people who suffer in this world.

Friday's Feast

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would be lost without good ole Trader Joes. Have a great weekend!

Kwizgiver said...

We don't have Trader Joe's or Whole Foods here in the Great White North, either. :-(

Our Soup is the same, though.

~Allison

Sandee said...

Alaska. I would guess getting some things are very difficult. Have a great FF and weekend. :)

Berto and Kwala said...

hi great feast! alaska seems really interesting!

come see mine!

Lady of Musotopia said...

Great feast! I really enjoyed it!
I kinda agree with your salad but I don't really use Youtube much so I don't get to see poor quality videos often. I do like seeing pretty amazing things (e.g. talent, free hugs campaign :D...) and they're usually quite okay. And dial up was the pits with 10+ dropouts a night!
I especially agree with the latter part of your dessert (about wasting money) plus your view on materialism and giving time to other people as mentioned in your profile :)
Thanks for joining in my feast also. I'm glad you liked Brisbane :) (except for the fact that we're the stingiest people in the world when it comes to water!!!). Alaska sounds wonderful!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated