Sunday, September 2, 2007

mutter mutter mutter mutter


Mets are on -- home run David Wright!!! (what timing!) --
and I'm a bit out of it today, almost forgot about this...

LunaNina.com... Unconscious Mutterings

Unconscious Mutterings


a free association game -- I say ... and you think ... ?


1. Scrabble :: game, words, little wooden squares with letters on 'em,
triple word score!

2. NyQuil :: How to pass out when ya don't wanna get drunk!

3. Roadtrip
:: Sweet Jesus, I am wanting a serious one pretty badly!
6 hours from Fairbanks to Anchorage absolutely does not count.
I'm talkin hittin' every road EXCEPT the Interstate in an old VW bus
from Frisco to Boston over a week or two...
or a month or two zigzagging North America and again never once touching
one of those disgusting Interstate highways.
Quick is not good. Enjoy the backroads scenery!
Eat in small town cafes with the locals,
stop to camp at state parks
and take in the national parks,
also great & often peaceful campgrounds in the national forests,
enjoy soaking in hot springs(!!), see friends,
take a snapshot of the World's Largest Ball of Twine,
or stop anywhere you want and just sit in the shade all day long
while not having a care
in the world.

OH! or a roadtrip across Australia would be pretty sweet!

4. Idiot
:: I wonder how many people put George W. Bush for this.
Not my answer, I'm just wonderin'... okay I'm done wonderin',
so who's really an idiot? Hmmmm....... no one really comes to mind
but I guess we're all idiots sometimes. It happens but hopefully it's usually something dumb and no big deal.

5. Bandages
:: The serious idiot probably has a lot of these on hand.

6. Series
:: World as in not really the entire world is involved but when the NY Mets win, tis a good thing! Unfortunately that's only happened twice... but maybe again this year!


7. Summer
:: It's over.

Two days ago the high temp was only like 71º (22 C)

Yesterday morning it was just below 40ºF (4ºC) at dawn
and the high was only like 68 (20 C)

Same thing today. I LOVE it! The only problem is here in central Alaska it doesn't last long. Fall will turn into winter VERY soon, almost before it's actually literally Fall... that's why New England rocks, you get actual real seasons there. God, I love Alaska... and before that I loved the mountains of Utah and Montana. I'm an Alaskan now... but I really long to live back east. In a way I still seek a true identity. Or perhaps this is my identity, simple in many ways, Thoreau-ish, yet complex. Anyway...

8. Prompt
:: I can't understand why more people can't be.

9. September :: It's now that month, isn't it... already! Last month of the baseball season. Rollin' back the calendar -- it's often time for the Dead's Fall Tour and surfing at the uncrowded beaches of the Jersey Shore before heading back to college in Utah (at the time they had a quarter system and didn't start until around September 21-23rd... so sweet! Most friends who had gone away to college somewhere had to leave end of August which meant ROADTRIP to go see them here and there. Darn good times!)

10. Chicken
:: It tastes like chicken, they say. Often, no, it really doesn't,

Out of over a dozen cross country roadtrips,
and nearly a bazillion countless other journeys to and fro,
I might have only a few dozen pictures.
Oh well. Here's a very brief random selection...

I have been to Earth and I have proof!


(located almost in the Texas panhandle)



my first non-winter crossing into Montana
(exciting, isn't it?!)



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the way you did your mutterings...so free-flowing and chatty, and interesting.

You make a road trip sound like JUST the thing.

Zoooma said...

It is just the thing! And thanks :)

Anonymous said...

LOL no better Roadtripmobile than the vw BUS!

BookGal said...

Great mutterings - haven't thought about VWs in years

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog o' mutterings and the birthday wish! (27th)

Yeah...me likes your detailed mutterings too!

And the pictures of "Earth"...cool!

KG Finfrock said...

That was a fun read. I think the ironic thing is that most people think that most people are idiots, so wouldn't the results be that most everyone is an idiot? It boggles my mind. I must be one. Hey! (lol)

Allie Boniface said...

I wondered the same thing about people's "idiot" answer...

Anonymous said...

ah, the many uses of NyQuil ... :) And prompt? Indeed - I know lots of people who should try it. well muttered!

Diana said...

Great mutterings!! You make the rest of us look a bit boring! :P

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated