Saturday, August 25, 2007

Oi, or Hiking and the Damage Done?


Tings no lookin' good, mon.


I meant for today to be a very simple day of rest,
not yet ready to start running yet, and no hike.

A second rest day in a row will be a good thing.

But I've been hurting.

My tibia feels like I've regressed about two weeks to where
there's minor pain when stepping forward in just the right way.

And when pressing down with a fingertip
right at the point of fracture -- OUCH!

Not good.

I was looking forward to another short rehab hike
at dawn tomorrow morning.

Now that's in jeopardy. Well, I could go, no problem... sort of no problem.
Easily I could head down the trail for an hour, turn around and come back...
the pain probably wouldn't be bad, might even seem to dissipate completely.

But what damage would I do?

Ohhh, maaaan. I thought I was in the clear.

I think what I really am is back to closely monitoring
and taking extra days to heal just to be cautious.

Once again -- this blows.

1 comment:

aaronsmusic said...

Shouldn't you check with a doctor or physical therapist about something like that? You're right - you might actually do more dmage I think. But, then gain, it might hurt a lot, but youy might actually do it some good - I guess that's why the doctors make all the money. :-)

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated