Thursday, August 2, 2007

from The Back Porch...


::Writing your Blog::

Onesome: Writing-- on the web: Do you consider yourself a writer, in that you provide a narrative of some sort? ...or a responder, wherein you primarily work the meme circuit?
Definitely a writer. I can just answer but I'd rather elaborate and even ramble because why limit yourself to a single word or a few words, I mean get some exercise with those fingers, gotta be burning a calorie or two, huh?

Twosome: your-- place: did you do your own design? ...or did you pick out something from the established templates?
Started with a given template... doesn't everyone? Then gave elements to make it unique and I'm sure from time to time I'll continue that just so long as it doesn't get all clogged up like some blogs do. Henry David Thoreau said it best once upon a time: "Our life is frittered away by detail... Simplify, simplify." Okay, so maybe I've gone a bit beyond that but I ain't gonna go much further beyond that. Some people add so much stuff, and that's their choice, but why overwhelm people's senses?

Threesome: Blog-- this! What's your favorite type of thing to run across that you just can't wait to get to the computer to post? Photos count, but for the photobloggers (like Laurie and me), what is it that you just know you won't be able to hold on to for even a day?
Seriously? What blog is so life and death important that something just needs to urgently be typed out and/or posted. If you're ever thinking, "Oh my God, I've gotta get this posted!!!!" well... I just can't understand that mentality. Do you freak out when you miss American Idol?

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

Interesting read of the Threesome... I took it a different way, a more light-hearted way...

I enjoy reading your blog for the very reason you Onesome says.

:-)

Allison

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated