Thursday, August 23, 2007

It's Thursday already?!!??!!?!

The Thursday Threesome

::Calculators may not be Used::

Onesome: Calculators--
and such: are you good with numbers? Do you have a calculator built in? ...or does the presence of a second column demand some help from something electronic?
In my head I can't easily multiply 134 x 27 but 125 x 7 is very easily doable. Division? 125 ÷ 7 is easy but 4921 ÷ 394 a lot less so. Pretty much any addition or subtraction is easy. With bigger stuff I'll often use a calculator just 'cause it's sometimes faster. But basically math's not too hard unless it's like square roots and crap then seriously, I don't care.

Twosome: may not be-- where you left them. Hmmm... What have you misplaced lately? You know: the item you are flat positive you left in one spot but somehow mysteriously migrated to another!
My head, I can't find it and it's been about a week and a half now. I took it off for routine maintenance but it's gone. Maybe I'll find it, maybe not.

Threesome: Used-- cars? When you buy, do you buy new? ...or do you go for those with a few thousand miles on them?
I would never buy a new car. Never. Ever. Well, maybe. Most likely not. For the most part, I don't like new cars. No individuality. When you can walk into a full arena parking lot or (God forbid) a mall parking lot, or some similar large parking lot, you know, with lots and lots of cars, if there's a big chance there'll be another make and model in the same color of my car, then that's not a car I want. The only new car I'd buy would be a Porsche or Ferrari but my conscience couldn't really allow me to make such a purchase considering both cars, while GORGEOUS, are ridiculously not needed. No expensive car is needed. I can respect someone's need for reliable transportation but there's no true need to spend on a BMW or a Mercedes or Hummer. That's just a selfish want and consumer excess like that is disgusting. Expensive cars are usually pretty freakin' nice but what's nicer is driving something modest and donating money to charities that work to help ease some of the damn suffering that people face every single day in this world. Driving a shiny new Jaguar helps starving children how?

In any case, I've had the same 1973 VW since 1996 and the same 1995 Ford Bronco since 2000. I probably won't get anything else for years to come and when I do it'll be something from last century, without a doubt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in agreeance with you on your answer for the 2nd question. That is seemingly a constant state of affairs lately, missing my head! Heart in Upstate NY, huh? I was born and raised way up here in NY, now recently back for awhile!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated