Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Finally Past 10

I wonder if I could go for twenty minutes? I'll never know until I get to that point. Why not try for it now? 'Cause I'm takin' it slow. My lungs (and sometimes legs) can barely handle the times I'm achieving now so small steps (in time) suit me fine.

trail time: about 62 minutes

running time -- 10 minutes, 20 seconds (+25 seconds from last run)

music:


Phil Vassar -- self-titled debut album (2000)

Like I Never Loved Before
Somewhere In Between
Lucky As Me
Six-Pack Summer
Joe & Rosalita
Didn't You Know She's Gone
That's When I Love You
Rose Bouquet
Carlene
Drive Away
Just Another Day In Paradise
+
Grateful Dawg
Two Soldiers -- Jerry Garcia & David Grisman

Phil Vassar kinda sounds a little bit like Bruce Hornsby. Blasphemy! No, really, he does, in a Nashville kinda way. Reason: they both wail on piano. Actually, I'm not sure Phil Vassar pounds the keys like Hornsby but he does play the piano so the sound if definitely present. And a great thing about Phil Vassar -- he wrote or co-wrote all the songs on his debut album (plus most of the songs on later albums, as well.) Is that saying songs that country artists record but don't write somehow blow? No. Perhaps it just makes Phil Vassar more real or authentic than some who can't write worth a lick.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated