Sunday, February 25, 2007

just nice


Back in hiking boots. Finally.
An afternoon hike, to sunset, almost 2 hours long.
Unfortunately the music I chose, well, it was nice.


Susan Ashton -- The Ultimate Collection (2006)

Waiting For Your Love To Come Down
No One Knows My Heart
Beyond Justice To Mercy
Love Will Be Our Home
In Amazing Grace Land
Song Of Reconciliation
No Remedy For Love
Down On My Knees
All Kinds Of People
Here In My Heart
A Rose Is A Rose
Hunger And Thirst
Walk On By
Summer Solstice
There Is A Line
Remember Not
Ball And Chain
Grand Canyon
You Move Me
Hide Or Seek
Crooked Man
I Will Follow
Walk On
Stand

I listen to such a wide array of music. Usually it's something I know I will like or really love listening to. Nowadays sometimes I choose something that I'm not sure about before I download it. Susan Ashton I wasn't sure about but I gave her a try. Not entirely my cup o' tea. Oh well.

So many of these songs, right up to near the end, well, they were nice. This (mostly) was music to fall asleep to on an airplane. Or perhaps nice to put on if you have your 60-year old pastor and his wife over for dinner. It was soothing and, well, nice. It had no edge. No pop. It did nothing for me. Finally in the last few songs there are a couple tunes that are closer to me really liking than being bored by. Crooked Man, in particular, sounded kind of like Bonnie Raitt. Up until then I was thinking this is probably the last time I'll listen to Susan Ashton. Maybe I'll give this another listen.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated