Sunday, February 11, 2007

movie

Last Man Standing (1996)

starring: Jeff Wincott, Jillian McWhirter

What a year, 1996! Two, count 'em, two movies called Last Man Standing! Oh, joy!! The one with Bruce Willis ain't too bad, but what about this one? With something like this my expectations are always low. But low and behold, it wasn't all bad. Mostly bad, but not all.

There were some exciting chase scenes (filmed in Long Beach) and much of the movie was shot in Los Angeles as well as M*A*S*H-land a.k.a. the hills above Malibu. The fight scenes were lame, acting so-so, but the ridiculousness of the whole thing was just laughable. Why I watch such tripe, I am not sure.

All I got from this movie is a desire to visit L.A. again. I've been there, seen the Dead there, loved everything about the city (except the traffic) . . . but nowadays I can't find a legitimate reason to visit. Just visit for the heck of it? Noooo. I'd need a good reason. So until I can find one I just won't intentionally watch many movies filmed in and around L.A. or else I'll just get that overwhelming feeling again. Yada yada yada. Done.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated