Monday, February 12, 2007

A Hippie-Era Country Run


on the indoor running track: 6 minutes - 46 seconds

music:

Lynn Anderson -- 16 Biggest Hits
(1966-74)

Flattery Will Get You Everywhere
How Can I Unlove You
Keep Me In Mind
Cry
Big Girls Don't Cry
Fool Me
Ride, Ride, Ride
If I Kiss You (Will You Go Away)
Promises, Promises
No Another Time
That's A No No
Stay There Till I Get There
You're My Man
What A Man My Man Is
Top Of The World
Rose Garden

+ New Speedway Boogie --
Catherine Russell
& Fire On The Mountain -- Meat Puppets

First time I've ever heard Lynn Anderson. Not bad.
Country tunes from the mid-60's to early 70's are something I just about never listen to. I might give her another listen again someday.

Today was my first run since Thursday maybe. I'm still fat. Didn't weigh myself today but about 200 pounds, give or take a couple. I know I topped out last week at 202. Completely not happy with my weight. Not happy at all.

My run wasn't too difficult. Felt dead immediately upon stopping but could have gone a little longer. After a few minutes of "recovery" walking I felt pretty darn good and was already looking forward to running again tomorrow.


My intention is to add about 15-20 seconds to each run time. That's so not a lot but it will add up over time. Slowly but surely I will work my way back up past ten minutes (I was just over ten minutes when I was running a lot last summer) and hopefully onward and upward towards 20 and 30 minutes.

In no time at all I'll be ready for a marathon! (HAAA!)

1 comment:

Dogstarz said...

I have never heard the Meat Puppets do Fire On A Mountain. This will be something I will be looking for in the future.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated