Sunday, April 19, 2009

To Run or Not To Run? Run.

In the news today to bitch and complain about: I don't care. Baseball's on, playoff hockey's on, there's great music to listen to -- screw Washington.


The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Sunday Afternoon Run: 23 minutes 41 sec
+37 sec
.
3 Days Since My Last Run

4:35 p.m. - 72° - overcast

OUTSTANDING RUN!!!! Not really. I was wavering, wanted to run today, didn't want to run today, I'll be just fine putting it off until tomorrow, but that's not what I wanted to do. Tired. Baseball's on TV. Tired. Screw it. But somehow I was suddenly finding myself changing clothes and getting my socks and running shoes on. Huh. Okay. These things I knew: I already had a Playlist ready to go on my mp3 player and I felt fairly well fueled and hydrated. A mystery to me exactly what force got my ass out there but somehow I got out outside, got to the trail and got my run in.

I felt okay, no serious thoughts that I can recall, of wanting to quit, quit, quit. I hate those thoughts! They say: eat donuts and ice cream!!! Get fat! Get diabetes... the government will pay for everything you need! FUCK OFF, GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!! So I need to run. Fat is not good. Must be healthy! Plus one of these days I swear I'm gonna run the London Marathon for charity. Hmmm... I think it's next weekend. I don't think I'll get there this year.
April :: +00 sec· X
5 runs in APRIL:
1 hour & 50 min
6 runs in March:
2 hours 28 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October 2008:2 hours 10 min

**********IMPORTANT***PART**OF**THE**POST----SEPARATOR**BAR**********
PHONOGRAPH

Sunday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...
Amy MacDonald - This Is The Life (2007) (cover)Amy MacDonald

This Is The Life

2007
Mr. Rock & Roll
This Is The Life
Poison Prince
Youth Today
Run
Let's Start A Band
Barrowland Ballroom
L.A.
A Wish For Something More
Footballers Wife
Holy crap, what a GREAT album. Really. I love her indie rock sound. From just outside of Glasgow, Scotland, Ms. MacDonald was only 19 when she recorded this, 20 when it was released. Debut album? No way -- her voice sounds so mature. It is her debut and it's full of great song writing and great music. At times her voice sounds a bit Irish, a little Dolores O'Riordan-ish (The Cranberries) while at other times her Scottish accent rings out. That's very sexy and exotic. American accents suck. Listening to a female singer from the UK is something I really dig. This is a cool collection of songs and I'm so glad I've got it... definitely gonna listen more in the future!

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE 320 kbps download @ Mussiqa
320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE


"This Is The Life" music video

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated