Thursday, April 9, 2009

Born To Run Run

Baseball. Mets. 3rd game of the year. They lost. Their record's 2-1. They suck. I went for a run. Second in just over 2 days. I'm tired. Ay caramba. Definitely needed this run as March sucked and April's approaching mid-month already. Exercise is important! Must be healthy!!!!


The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Thursday afternoon Run: 21 minutes 47 seconds
+37 sec
.
2 Days Since My Last Run
.
4:25 pm - 76
° - sunny, sunny, sunny & way warm

A decent run with over a half minute added. I felt fine when I was stretching and when I started but I soon tired, maybe only a few minutes into my Running Time. Tired, yeah, but it was easy to keep it moving. The heat didn't get to me for awhile. Great music sure came to the rescue today. I did want to quit, pretty badly for a little while. Once I heard the Stop Cue and hit the end of my time, I felt about dead, "needing" to stop and bend over with hands on knees, gasping for air. The warmth of the afternoon really really really got to me. Thankfully the bent over and gasping rest stop didn't last long and I was able to keep moving. The walk back to the house was a serious drag but I guess somehow I made it. I am just not used to running twice in just over two days and now in this kind of heat. Ugh. But March was crap and now April's only starting as far as running goes. It'll be awhile before I'm running 30 minutes easily. I'm workin' on it, though.
April :: -03 sec· X
2 runs in APRIL:
41 min
6 runs in March:
2 hours 28 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October 2008:2 hours 10 min

**********IMPORTANT***PART**OF**THE**POST----SEPARATOR**BAR**********
PHONOGRAPH

Thursday's Running Playlist
included most of this amazing album...
Bruce Springsteen -- Born To Run (1975)
Bruce Springsteen

Born To Run

1975
Thunder Road
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Night
Backstreets
Born To Run
She's The One
Meeting Across The River
Jungleland

BEST ALBUM EVER. Seriously, what more needs to be said?


Born To Run - Download @ 320 kbps


"Jungleland" - Hammersmith Odeon, 1975

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes (born to run) is a great l.p./cd , but not the greatest ever............maybe the best to come out in 1975.

the guy from INDY.IN

dreadbagel said...

First of all, many thanks for all the great stuff posted and for your impeccable selection, but really? the greatest album EVER???

Revolver
Who's Next
Beggar's Banquet
Dark Side Of The Moon
Highway 61 Revisited
American Beauty
Forever Changes (Love)
Odessey and Oracle (Zombies)
Layla
Rubber Soul
Blonde On Blonde
Sgt. Pepper
Sticky Fingers
Workingman's Dead


all due respect to Bruce for such a monumental record both in his career and in the generally accepted canon of great albums, but the above listed albums, (just off the top of my head, as it were) are all much stronger contenders for that honor, if any single album indeed deserves it.


P.S. to Anonymous:

if we're talking 1975, what about Wish You Were Here, Blues For Allah, Hot Tuna's America's Choice, or even 10cc's 'The Original Soundtrack?"


Not to mention Roxy Music's "Siren!"

Zoooma said...

Thanks for input but I wasn't actually truly stating that it definitively IS the best ever... I was half serious. I almost consulted Rolling Stone's Best Albums Ever but I know that's determined by polling people who "know" music.

Isn't the only way to determine a true best by figuring overall sales as well as weeks on the chart and position on the chart? Wouldn't like Michael Jackson's Thriller then be the best?

Music is art. To me, in the art world, there is no true best. When a sprinter runs a 100 meter dash faster than anyone ever, that is the best. That can be measured. How can art be measured? Academy Award for Best Picture --- is that the final answer? What if I didn't like it?! There are people in the world who don't like a single album on the above list -- if they are truly the best then shouldn't those albums be thoroughly enjoyed by everyone? I won't argue that I really dig most of those albums but there can't truly be a best can there, except in your own mind.

As far as Born To Run, I think it's exceptional from first note to last. Not just all good songs... many, many albums hare comprised of every song being a good one (even though that's, again, something that's very subjective) but to me, all of Born To Run is way, way, WAY out of the ballpark outstanding.

Anyway, thanks for chimeing in!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated