Monday, April 13, 2009

Morrissey and Marr on a Monday Morning

Citi Field opens tonight for the New York Mets. Not sure that matters much as A) it has an asinine name and B) the Mets suck. Why can't they get off to a great start, like 10-1? Instead they're like what? 3-3 or some crap like that. Hooray, they're on pace for a horrible 81-81 season. No team should make the playoffs playing as crappy as 81-81. Damn 1986 Mets: 112 wins spoiled so many of us. DOMINATION!!! It's not good enough to just win -- MUST ... KICK ... ASS.


The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Monday Morning Run: 22 minutes 18 seconds
+31 sec
.
4 (almost) Days Since My Last Run

6:51 am - 53° - cloudy, sun still coming up

Okay. This morning was something I am not used to. Running so early presents two problems: without eating breakfast I don't feel like I've had enough carbs for energy and it's dewey and my feet get soaked. That'll help trash my running shoes a lot faster than need be. Of course I could just run on a dry road but I don't run on the road. I'm not a runner. I'm a hiker and so I run on a trail, thanks. Anyway, it was nice being out there in the almost cold weather. With the warmth of the afternoons, this temp in the a.m. feels nice and chilly. It's perfect for me as it helps me retain my energy. The heat sucks it away as I dehydrate. No need for water with this temp, not until I get back like 45 minutes later. Water and coffee since it's morning. Could've used coffee on the way there. I was a little tired and not excited about this run. I knew I'd get it done but... I just did not have the enthusiasm at this hour. Ay caramba! But again I had another successful run... and the mellower songs on the The Smiths' Meat Is Murder album went perfectly with the almost gloomy morning. No sunshine today. I love this weather for running! Despite lack of enthusiasm and a mild feeling of being tired, I got through all 22+ minutes without any problem. No aches, no pains, no sense of wanting to quit. Looking forward, sort of, to attempting every other day for a little while. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
April :: +15 sec· X
3 runs in APRIL:
1 hour & 3 min
6 runs in March:
2 hours 28 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October 2008:2 hours 10 min

**********IMPORTANT***PART**OF**THE**POST----SEPARATOR**BAR**********
PHONOGRAPH

Monday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...
The Smiths - Meat Is Murder (cover)The Smiths

Meat Is Murder

recorded in late 1984
released in early '85
The Headmaster Ritual
Rusholme Ruffians
I Want The One I Can't Have
What She Said
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
How Soon Is Now
Nowhere Fast
Well I Wonder
Barbarism Begins At Home
Meat Is Murder

I can't believe this is 24 years old. Seriously? Christ, I was listening to this in the mid to late 80's like a few years ago. That makes no sense 'cause the mid to late 80's were not a few years ago but it feels like it. Man, this really beings me back. With such a massive range of music, this surely fits in to what I might listen to and it was interesting to hear this for the first time in about forever. It worked great for running and I might even give it another listen again before waiting another couple decades. It's really good stuff throughout. It might be quite a bizarre thought to some people but if I hated the Grateful Dead, the Manchester and/or London music scenes would be a cool place I'd dig hangin' out in in the 80's. Morrissey helped lead the way, he and Johnny Marr and The Smiths -- only 4 studio albums but what a huge amount of importance and great music for that time and place. And still today it holds up -- pretty good and well made music.
320 mp3 download

"How Soon Is Now"

1 comment:

Sugarmag said...

Hey Good morning! An early morning run sounds really nice. Except for the soggy shoes. That's awesome that you got it done.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated