Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Felt the Pain, Heard the Payne

Music! It needs to get posted. Not an album like in this running post but Dead tunes, eh? Yahhh? I've been meanin' to get a show up and then another and then another... but life gets in the way sometimes, ye know what I be jivin' about? Well, do ye? Not that I keep a schedule but I'm behind on my schedule... if there was a schedule that I've been keepin'. Oh well. I know some of ye all come 'round everyday lookin' for something new and to those who comment sometimes -- no worries, more shows are always comin' up soon. Hopefully never more than a few days between downloads. And to those who never leave a single comment..... WHY NOT?! WHY DO YOU DOWNLOAD AND NEVER EVEN SAY A SINGLE WORD OF THANKS?!?!?! Ay caramba.

Anyhow, I'm way behind and as of this morning wayer behind because now I've got my hands on some recent Soundboards that some people might be wantin' to hear. Yahhh? Well, I shall pick things up hopefully this afternoon with a new show posted, I'll start listening to those soundboards and get those ready for a post or two, and in between it all, some good old Grateful Dead and a Garcia item here and there. For today, maybe something later, we'll see....

I went for a run and I'm incredibly tired.


The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Wednesday late morning Run: 24 min 13 sec
+32 sec
.
3 Days Since My Last Run

11:40 a.m. - 66° - cloudless, breezy, gorgeous!

So tired. Such a beautiful morning but I just wasn't prepared for a run. Still I accomplished what I set out to do so I suppose that's good. But now I'm feeling it and I don't like it. Perhaps 10 minutes would have been fine but halfway through, all I wanted to do was not just stop but collapse and go to sleep right on the trail. Bad, bad, bad. Running is SO very important, though. It's my only significant exercise. Without this exercise, I'd just get fat and disgusting. Not good. I already feel like 24 minutes barely does a thing for me. In my quest to work my way up past 25 and up to 30 minutes, I did add on another half minute but still I feel like this isn't good enough. I'm at 1/10th of a marathon (should I be able to finish one in about 4 hours.) One tenth = bad. Well, better than no running at all.
April :: +13 sec· X
6 runs in APRIL:
2 hours 14 min
6 runs in March:
2 hours 28 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October 2008:2 hours 10 min

**********IMPORTANT***PART**OF**THE**POST----SEPARATOR**BAR**********
PHONOGRAPH

Wednesday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...
Kendall Payne - Jordan's Sister (1999 debut)Kendall Payne

Jordan's Sister

2007
Closer to Myself
Supermodels
Wonderland
Hollywood
Honest
The Second Day
It's Not the Time
On My Bones
Modern Day Moses
Perfect by Thursday
Formerly Known As
Never Leave
Fatherless at 14
Wow, holy moly, what a fantastic album! Here is another 19 year old and I'm not complainin' about an American accent this time because this young woman is an incredible singer! Man, this was ten years ago? At 19 she sounds so mature and so accomplished. At times she rocks and her ballads aren't sappy, they're near perfection. This is one of those Christian albums in the category of being very ambiguous in the messages presented in the songs. There's one that's a conversation with God but aside from that there's not a minute of blatant preachiness or praise. This is the exact type of music that the secular listener could enjoy without really having to be subjected to God this, Father that... not that that's a bad thing but too much can, according to my musical tastes, make songs to syrupy and, well, lame. Just go to church for that. These tunes, while they sure can be one's music church for an hour outside of church on Sunday, they don't push the Savior down your throat in every other line. Again, secular listeners can surely dig this. It's another outstanding album and I do love the female voice that comes through loud and beautifully clear; Kendall Payne is amazing! Check out a Review at Jesus freak Hideout.


320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE find a download @ Música Cristã MP3
320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE


No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated