Friday, April 24, 2009

Running In a Tropical Mood

Must resist the urge to complain about Washington politics. Idiots in charge of the White House and Congress are... nope, no complaining, no bitching, just music... and running... and The Dead...

One measly song on The Late Show with David Letterman last night, not even 4 minutes long and missing the end! No Sunshine Daydream?! Ahh well, it was still cool to see 'em on Dave.



The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Friday Morning Run: 24 minutes 21 sec
+8 sec
.
2 Days Since My Last Run

7:35 a.m. - 59° - cool, cloudless

Way too tired, I was, for this run. I knew it before I left, that's why I only added a pathetic 8 seconds onto my time. My goal was to add a minimum of 30 seconds but that got shot. Oh well. Adding eight is better than adding zero, am I right? I'll get back up to 25 minutes soon, in another run or two.

The colder temp this morning energized me but that didn't last very long from when I started my run. Less than halfway in I was wanting to quit. I felt so tired. I'm not sure how I carried on but I did and just fine. The music helped a lot. I always dig Jimmy and after I pushed the thought of quitting out of my head, I was able to really concentrate on my music and that helped me get to my End Cue with stopping. Failing would have been miserable. I was so tired and I'm wiped out now but I got it done.
April :: +34 sec· X
7 runs in APRIL:
2 hours 38 min
6 runs in March:
2 hours 28 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October 2008:2 hours 10 min

**********IMPORTANT***PART**OF**THE**POST----SEPARATOR**BAR**********
PHONOGRAPH

Friday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...
Jimmy Buffett - Songs You Know By Heart: Jimmy Buffett's Greatest Hit(s) (1985)

Jimmy Buffett

Songs You Know By Heart:
Jimmy Buffett's Greatest Hit(s)


[1985]
Cheeseburger In Paradise
He Went To Paris
Fins
Son Of A Son Of A Sailor
A Pirate Looks At Forty
Margaritaville
Come Monday
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes
Why Don't We Get Drunk (And Screw)
Pencil Thin Moustache
Grapefruit-Juicy Fruit
Boat Drinks
Volcano
Every now and then I need to be listening to some Buffett. It's imperative. Because of all the crap that's seemingly CONSTANTLY happening in the U.S. Capitol, life can be such a downer. I wish I didn't pay attention to it all... but it's all so important. Schmucks!!!!! All I sometimes feel like doing is abandoning America and heading down to the Conch Republic or some practically completely foreign island in the Caribbean, and no, not the U.S. Virgin Islands and not Jamaica, mon, but somewhere, anywhere warm and tropical... where there's an endless supply of good beer and cheeseburgers, margaritas not needed. Jimmy takes me there without ever having to leave America... unfortunately? I love the music but sheesh, I really really really want to go! I almost feel like I need to go and I hate warm weather(!) but this music gets me in the mood for warmth but not just a warm spring or summer here, warmth as in the tropics. Warmth and being barefoot and pure laziness. The beach, the sun, no freakin' running, plenty of maintaining a 24 hour buzz, and definitely not having a care in the world. No Grateful Dead, no Jerry... just Jimmy! Ahhhhhhh......

mp3 download

Jimmy Buffett - Songs You Know By Heart: Jimmy Buffett's Greatest Hit(s) (1985)


1 comment:

Sugarmag said...

Hey it's my song! Sugarmag, I mean. As for the other stuff, let's go!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated