Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let's Get Back To Normal 'Round Here

While the cold of winter grips most of America, the thoughts of many drift to warmth and relaxation in the good old summertime. Maybe the picture below will warm a few souls. It warms mine.

Grateful Dead VW Volkswagen emblem/logo Steal Your Face

Random VW Bus Time
Fahrvergnügen Volume 7


'67 to early '70s are my favorite buses. I had a '67 and now I have a '73,
but I must say I love this '89 Synchro. What a beautiful Volkswagen!!

State parks were a huge part of my life,
especially when traveling in my bus around this great country,
and I look forward to many more campsites just like this one.

Had enough of the cold? About ready for this?

VW "bus" '89 Synchro

Green Lakes State Park, Fayetteville, New York (near Syracuse)


found at: RoadHaus

3 comments:

pamibe said...

I love V-dubs and have had three, but no buses. Everyone 'cool' did when I was growing up, though. ;)

Anonymous said...

It's early and already stinking hot here in Brisbane, Australia.
About this time every year I think about moving south to the cooler cities....

Sam said...

Truly a beautiful site; both the weather in that pic and the pristine Vanagon as well. I love them both. Thanks for the eye-candy.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated