Saturday, January 3, 2009

Can anywhere really be nowhere?

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Saturday Afternoon Run: 25 minutes 45 sec
+ 18 seconds

2:40 pm - 59° - overcast
X ·Dec :: +43 sec· X
DECEMBER:2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October:2 hours 10 min
September:3 hours 25 min
August:2 hours 39 min
July:2 hours 11 min
June:1 hour 47 min

It took me a couple days but I think finally found my groove for January. I woke up ready to run today and early this afternoon, finally, I got 'er done.

Five since my last run and that, again, is way too long. I've got to pick up the pace, dang it! I've got pounds to shed and I've got a healthy heart to try to maintain (not necessarily in prioritized order.) Every four or five days ain't gonna make for the healthy life I want. Well... it's better than nothing.

Felt good today. Weather is nice, I actually dig overcast for running 'cause I don't need my sunglasses. Temperature is cool but not warm and not so utterly freezing that it's uncomfortable to run. I ran when it was that cold in Alaska and it's not a joy. 50 to 55 Fahrenheit is about ideal and 59's not too bad. This temperature doesn't suck the energy out of me and I can finish strong without having that seemingly never-ending feeling of wanting to quit, quit, quit. None of that today. No strains, chest feels good, breathing good, all's A-okay.

Now if I can just get out there in two or three days and not wait five again.

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
PHONOGRAPH

Saturday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...
Neil Young - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (1969)
Neil Young
with Crazy Horse

Everybody Knows
This Is Nowhere

1969
Cinnamon Girl
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Round & Round (It Won't Be Long)
Down By The River
The Losing End (When You're On)
Running Dry (Requiem for the Rockets)
Cowgirl In The Sand
Need more Neil Young in this life! This is such a great album and more consistent than his debut released just six months before. Versus the debut where there are none, there are three pure classics here -- Cinnamon Girl, Down By The River, and Cowgirl In The Sand. The second two of those clock in at over 9 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. Cowgirl In The Sand I can get lost in over and over. One of the coolest things I dig here is the fiddle on Running Dry -- like kinda eerily somber, almost dirge-like and almost psychedelic in a way.

Such a sweet collection of tunes, from first note to last.
I really need to listen to this more!

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE 320 kbps download @ BlitzWarez 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
mp3 download
"Cinnamon Girl" - October 29, 2005
Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California
Bridge School benefit, with Los Lobos

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated