Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Running with Eagles

Irrationality is irrational. That is all.

I ran...

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Tuesday late morning Run: 25 min 45 sec
+ 13 sec

11:25 a.m. - 45°, bright & sunny.
X ·Oct :: +30 sec· X
October:2 hours 10 min
September:3 hours 25 min
August:2 hours 39 min
July:2 hours 11 min
June:1 hour 47 min
May:4 hours 46 min

Not much to say. I'm not sure how almost a whole week has gone by since my last run. That's not good. But I needed to get out, I knew that... and did.

So cold! I've run when it's been MUCH colder but for this part of South Carolina, today it's freakin' cold out! Running when it's cold is totally what I prefer. Decided to turn around mid-run and try to finish up closer to the start of the trail rather than hike back for 30 or 40 minutes. I actually couldn't wait to finish and be back inside! I love the cold but I wasn't so prepared for today.

The run itself went just fine. I was full (enough) of energy. Didn't get a ton o' sleep last night but once I got my my butt into my running clothes, once I got my butt to the trail, once I knew I was going to soon hear my Start Cue -- I was ready to go. I'm pretty tired now and all I wanna do is veg out and do nothing... but that was a million percent worth it.

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
PHONOGRAPH

Tuesday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...
Eagles - self titled debut album 1972
Eagles

[self-titled debut]

1972
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Chug All Night
Most Of Us Are Sad
Nightingale
Train Leaves Here This Morning
Take The Devil
Earlybird
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Tryin'
Meandering through the catalog of the Eagles I've gone back to the beginning. Sometimes a debut album really explodes a band onto "the scene" ... but not so much with this one. It charted and I guess didn't do too badly... but it's not as strong as future releases from them, namely Hotel California. A few of the songs are not very appealing to me like Most Of Us Are Sad? Who was Bernie Leadon? Thank goodness he wasn't in the band long. I don't know what else to say about it. Not all great but I suppose okay. A few songs became some of their most popular but overall it's just eh. Well, one more thing to note is the banjo (played by Leadon) on Earlybird and Peaceful Easy Feeling. I've heard Peaceful Easy Feeling like 1,000 times but I don't believe I've ever heard the banjo! It's good stuff!!

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE 192 kbps @ Pirate Island 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 kbps mp3 download

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated