Sunday, November 9, 2008

Running Mode

It's no wonder I generally HATE Christmas... because of all the freakin' Christmas commercials on television.

Here's one of them (and the only reason I'm showing it is because it has a classic VW in it... a horribly bastardized Volkswagen but a classic VW none-the-less)...



For the past week or so, every single day I've seen one or two. Ferraro Roche, a chocolate company, is one to blame. Sprawlmart is also to blame (no surprise there, they're to blame for much of the downfall of America.) There are a few others, as well. Thankfully some companies have the good sense to wait until after Thanksgiving. Other don't care. I kind of wonder why they don't just put their Christmas commercials on in October -- get excited for Halloween and Christmas at the same time! Just put them on after Labor Day! Summer's over then -- look forward to the end of the year! Why not after the 4th of July? That's the peak of the summer season, it's all sloping downhill to Christmas from there, right?!

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Sunday late morning Run: 25 minutes 7 sec
+ 27 sec

10:55 a.m. - 62°, bright & sunny and kinda chilly!
X ·Oct :: +30 sec· X
October:2 hours 10 min
September:3 hours 25 min
August:2 hours 39 min
July:2 hours 11 min
June:1 hour 47 min
May:4 hours 46 min

I don't like running in the morning. I know this. Today, for whatever reason, I decided to lace up my running shoes and head out there on the trail... in the morning. Maybe it was the chill in the air. I knew it would not last all day and I didn't want to pass up this opportunity to run during mostly genuine Fall weather. Down here in this mostly disgusting part of the country, it feels like Fall weather is something that you can never count on. Since I don't care for warm weather, I absolutely had to get out there.

Pretty good run, second in four days. I'd prefer running every other day but twice in four days, considering my horrendous October, isn't so bad.

The album I chose allowed me to add on some time from last time -- that was essentially a requirement! No goin' backwards. Only onwards... marathon, baby!!!! Okay, so that might not ever happen but if I can keep putting together runs like today, maybe it will work out eventually. We shall see. We shall see. If not then it's important to run for that incredible heart workout, to be healthy, to shed pounds which not only looks better but means you're healthier. Really there's no drawback. A little tired afterwards but so long as I don't have an injury, it's always worth it to get out there and run!!!

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
PHONOGRAPH

Sunday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...
Depeche Mode - Speak & Spell (1981)
Depeche Mode

Speak & Spell

1981
New Life
Puppets
Dreaming Of Me
Boys Say Go!
Nodisco
What's Your Name?
Photographic
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Big Muff
Any Second Now (Voices)
Just Can't Get Enough [Schizo Mix]
Since someday I might run out of great albums to listen to when I run, I decided today on some Depeche Mode. They are not my favorite by any means. They're not even close. This first album of theirs is one I'll probably never listen to again. The tunes here make for some decent running music -- good beat and plenty to concentrate on to put out of my mind how much I hate running... but it's not my cup of tea so much. I actually think their live "101" double album is a GREAT one to play LOUD but a lot of their studio material, while okay, doesn't do much for me.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE find a download @ Então era Wilson 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 kbps mp3 download

2 comments:

Sugarmag said...

Hey Babe, glad you ran!

Zoooma said...

Hey Babe, thanks! More running equals looking better naked!!!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated