Sunday, November 16, 2008

Book Meme

Hey now, I read about a meme over at Fancy Schmancy's blog and I wanted to play. I have seen this meme before but never done it, but today seems like a good day.

Here are the rules...open the nearest book to page 46. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences...The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!! You are also supposed to tag people, but I'm not going to. The nearest book to me is actually a cookbook, so I am not going to use it. The nearest book to me that is not a cookbook is The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perrotta, which I just finished reading. It was recommended to me by Sungold, she and I seem to have similar tastes in literature so I knew it would be good, and it was. I really enjoyed it and now I want to read more Tom Perrotta. I also recently read Joe College. I love to read!

"Ho, God!" Paul shouted. He seemed to have overcome his doubts, and was bucking his hips wildly, almost like he was trying to throw her off the bed. "Holy shit!"

For as long as she could remember, Ruth had felt herself trailing behind her sister, so far that she couldn't even see her anymore. But now, in a matter of just a few minutes, in a single giant leap forward, she's gotten herself all caught up.

LOL that was really the fifth sentence on page 46.




No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated