Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday Mutterings

100 Days of the Dead -- Day 49

I'm listening to such great tunes from the Grateful Dead now but no download today. Sorry, kids. Blame the person who decided that a day has to have just 24 hours in it. I mean how lame!!!

Yeah, there've been a bunch o' days off lately but no worries, plenty of shows to come! I'm gonna try my best to never take a single day off (a few may be inevitable but I'm gonna try) plus I'm gonna work on a doubleheader now and then. So like I said -- plenty of music to come!

I'll tell ya what you can do -- listen to something you've downloaded here, something that you haven't commented on, and then come back and leave a comment! Or not. Whatever.

In the meantime, since this isn't a music-only blog, I'm gonna do...

from LunaNina.com... this meme is called: Unconscious MutteringsUnconscious Mutterings

a free association game

The word is
:: and I think ... ?

1. Coverage :: too much [on the news]

2. Cynical :: yes, I am... have to be because does the government really look out for us or do they look out for the lobbyists and their fellow millionaires? I know, I know -- both.

3. Gust :: of wind

4. Improvised :: Drew Carey show that I can't think the name of... wait... I'll remember... it's actually perhaps one of the funniest shows ever... Who's Line Is It Anyway? HAAAAA!!!!!! It's sooooooo funny!

5. V :: 1980's sci-fi TV-movies/mini-series

6. Guests :: talk shows

7. Brutal :: next 4 years

8. Grant :: Show -- actor from Melrose Place

9. Pull :: my... [fill in the blank]

10. Streaming :: music

nothing to do with mutterings but I thought I'd put up a video...
the other day I posted "New Speedway Boogie"
by Mickey & Billy & Kimock and company (the Rhythm Devils.)
Today:
"New Speedway Boogie"
Yonder Mountain String Band --
2/23/2008
The Pageant -- St. Louis, Missouri


3 comments:

Zoooma!! said...

Hiya Rex.

Zoooma!! said...

Darn, I just missed ya. You were early today.

Sugarmag, can ya believe it? 5:03 a.m. he checked ... musta been pretty much as soon as he woke up. Mannnn...

Sugarmag said...

Hey Zoooma, Rex's obsession is weird but I am going to try to ignore it. I stopped checking because it just creeps me out and gets me down.

I want to tell you something else...I love New Speedway Boogie! Very cool video.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated